Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Howth Village?

Options
  • 18-02-2008 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭

Hi all, moving out to Howth in couple of weeks and was wondering if anyone can let me know what bb package they have (if any) there?
    Currently with NTL but they don't have service out there and I called Digiweb and they offered me a Multi package which is currently available in the Fingal area. Other than that there do not seem to be much options...
    Can anyone out there fill me in?
    Cheers,
    Q.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

Well had to get a phone line in the apt reconnected so it looks like I'll be back with Eircom or I have the option of Perlico and BT. If I opt for the 3MB line from Eircom, (a whopping 48.40 + my line rental (the reason I left them in the past)) will I be shafted on contention wallowing around 1MB if I'm lucky or is the 3MB line out there doing okay for others?
    I believe Magnet have a 3MB line also thats ADSL2 with apparently zero contention.. I'm waiting to hear back from them if I can avail of it. It does come at a price though.. does anyone have experience in general with the above? Are people with said magnet package actually hitting the advertised speeds under ADSL2 regularly?
    Any advice appreciated!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭admol

If you go for Perlico or BT 2mb pavkage you will be upgraded to 3mb in the summer

Cheers admol, thanks for the tip, but from what I've been reading here on boards, Perlico and BT are not up to much! Speeds consistently lower than advertised. Then again, I don't have many choices.
    I had a look at Irish Broadband, and they do a home pro dsl package at 3MB which is cheaper than Eircoms. I know they've got bad rep in the past, but its another option I suppose...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

BT are vey OK if they bill you correctly and we hear a lot fewer horror stories nowadays .

BT are great if you ring UK/ US a lot

Duly noted Sponge Bob.
    If one was given a choice between Eircom and BT at the (roughly) the same price point, which would one go for?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

BT are Cheaper anyway .

BT are a LOT cheaper if you ring US and UK numbers

and the BB service is about the same and neither BT nor eircom enforce caps unlike Perlico who charge for every scintilla over your allowance.

Advertisement