Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Filthy Accomodation in Kilkee

• 18-02-2008 2:42pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭

Recently some people I know rented a house in Fairways in Kilkee from the Internet. When they arrived late at night they found that the house was absolutely filthy. It was so bad it was a health hazard. They only stayed for the first night. The house had been advertised as a four star holiday home. There seem to be no standards governing this type of activity and it is going to get the region a bad name if it is allowed continue.
    There are many well run developments in Clare and their hard work is being undermined by shoddy-joe operators.
    I had an experience in one scheme in Kilkee a few years ago. The manageress was most irate at complaints about dirty utensils being provided in the kitchen. I told her that I did not want to go on holidays to clean up after other people. Her attitude was "put up or shut up". It was made abundantly clear that I would not be welcome again in that complex.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Those holiday homes are bord failte approved, so I'd say you should start with complaining to them. It's not a good sign of their rating system if houses are not up to scratch, so I'd say they might be able to do something or at least remove their approval.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Jo King

Bord Failte do not approve self catering accommodation any more! That is part of the problem. If people who do not meet a reasonable standard cannot be stopped damage is done to everybody.

Advertisement