Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Manual

Options
  • 18-02-2008 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for the manual for a bmw 320ci
    Anyone where the best place I might get one ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Probably pick one up on Ebay fairly easily

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

A BMW dealer will be able to order you one, in whatever langage you like! Not saying it will be the cheapest, but it's definitely the easiest. Ring a parts dept and get a price, at least you'll know if you are over paying for a 2nd hand one.

Have a look here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 rambler924

What year, What model?

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭will1977

rambler924 wrote: »
    What year, What model?

its a 01 320ci

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭WHITE_P

Is it just the owners handbook you are after or a workshop manual.

If its a workshop manual try.

www.haynes.co.uk/

or

http://www.electronicmanuals.co.uk/?gclid=CPLrl6fT6ZECFQ2HlAodcQva4Q

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

If you are after a workshop manual then Haynes are crap. They are interesting to read while sitting on the jacks but not for car maintenance.
    Get yourself the E46 Bentley manual - pricey but absolutely worth it!

WHITE_P wrote: »
    That seems to be the TIS - worth having but can be sourced on ebay for less than that site.

kbannon wrote: »
    If you are after a workshop manual then Haynes are crap. They are interesting to read while sitting on the jacks but not for car maintenance.
    Get yourself the E46 Bentley manual - pricey but absolutely worth it!

Granted the later Haynes manuals are not really that good, if you want to do anything other than basic maintainence.

However that really reflects the fact that the car manufacturer's don't want anyone other than technician's trained at extorionate cost to the dealers, by them to go tinkering around under the bonnet anymore.

I used Haynes manuals to do alot of work on older 80's and 90's cars to good effect. although these day's I just could be bothered to get my hands dirty, it's hard enough to find the time to clean the car myself.

Yes and no.
    Modern cars are filled with so much shíte like aircon, airbags, integrated stereos, heated seats, etc. so that there is so much more in there. Couple all that with modern engines which can or might have cats, turbos and a multitude of sensors that weren't on cars 20 years ago.
    I have a haynes manual for my E39 and it is the typical Haynes width. The Bentley manual for the E39 comes in two really thick volumes and in its own box (thanks Lex!!!).
    My Bentley manual for the E30 is much thicker that the corresponding Haynes.
    The reason is that procedures have indeed become more complex and Haynes seem to avoid covering them in proper detail. Maybe this is because it really comes down to what people are willing to pay for a manual and that less people will be tinkering with their cars partly because of the level of difficulty but possibly because parts tend (maybe it just seems!) to last longer.

Yes and no.
    Modern cars are filled with so much shíte like aircon, airbags, integrated stereos, heated seats, etc. so that there is so much more in there. Couple all that with modern engines which can or might have cats, turbos and a multitude of sensors that weren't on cars 20 years ago.
    I have a haynes manual for my E39 and it is the typical Haynes width. The Bentley manual for the E39 comes in two really thick volumes and in its own box (thanks Lex!!!).
    My Bentley manual for the E30 is much thicker that the corresponding Haynes.
    The reason is that procedures have indeed become more complex and Haynes seem to avoid covering them in proper detail. Maybe this is because it really comes down to what people are willing to pay for a manual and that less people will be tinkering with their cars partly because of the level of difficulty but possibly because parts tend (maybe it just seems!) to last longer.

Sounds about right, on all counts. Haven't seen the Bentley manuals, but they sound like the real deal. How much are they typically.

• Advertisement

I paid €100 to someone on here for a second hand copy of the E39 one - it retails at UK£100 on Amazon.
    I actually got my E30 manual for free via Amazon after a complete mess up by the seller but I think it is about €50.

I paid €100 to someone on here for a second hand copy of the E39 one - it retails at UK£100 on Amazon.
    I actually got my E30 manual for free via Amazon after a complete mess up by the seller but I think it is about €50.

Thanks,

Getting a new car next month and I think I will be holding onto it for a good few years, so it might be worth getting one of those manuals.

Advertisement