Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mangas in Ireland

Options
  • 18-02-2008 2:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi there!
    That's my first post (and 1st thread) - at the beginning I want to apologize for any grammar mistakes: as you can see on my nickname, i'm a Pole ;)

I live in Ireland for about 5 months, and I didn't see any manga books since I moved to Ireland. So, is there any manga books to buy in Ireland? Maybe I couldn't see them because I live in a smaller town (Ennis, Co. Clare), or maybe you don't have them? But it will be kinda wierd - no mangas i ncountry such as Ireland - I can't believe...

Thanks in advance for any replies

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭rgt320q

There are some shops around, but honestly, I buy about 95% of them off amazon.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

will get volumes in waterstone, hodges figgis or the bigger easons

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

Well, Eason's are your best bet, since there's a few round Ireland. But in Dublin, manga's quite easy to find if you look hard enough;
    Forbidden Planet - Crampton Quay
    Perhaps the biggest selection of manga I know of, they have a pretty cool selection and usually have a 3 for 25 euro offer on their stuff. Also offer anime and related merch.
    Sub-City - Somewhere near a Hotel... (exact location anyone?)
    Also a pretty good selection, a bit more varied than most stores and pack a lot in for a small shop!
    The Third Place - Temple Bar
    Only a small bit of manga, but worth checking out all the same. And some manga/anime figures too.
    Story - Temple Bar
    Have a load of manga backissues and Pulp Magazine issues, but also stock some rare tankobon volumes and some merch/figures too.
    Easons - O' Connell Street
    If you're looking for bucketloads of Tokyopop manga, check out here, there's tons but not that many great titles IMO.
    Chapters - Somewhere near O' Connell Street
    Bottom floor has a nice little varied selection of manga, and some at discount prices, and the top floor has a fair bit of secondhand manga at cheap prices too. Just don't ever trade anything in to 'em.
    Hodges & Figgis - (can't remember)
    Well, this is a bookstore somewhere near Sub-City, and stocks a bit-better-than-average manga selection.
    Waterstones - Right across from Hodges
    Pretty much the same amount of manga Hodges has, and a stand full of Tokyopop stuff too.

Hope this helps ya a bit in someway or another...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Saruwatari wrote: »
    Hodges & Figgis - (can't remember)
    Well, this is a bookstore somewhere near Sub-City, and stocks a bit-better-than-average manga selection.
    QUOTE]

there one on dawson street near the side of trinity

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 sibbysims

Hi there, I know it's a bit away but Khan's Books in Kilkenny have started selling Manga comics and to be honest, it would be worth the trip as I have gotten comics and books there and they are like €4.99 and €6.99 which is nothing compared to what I was paying online.

They are on James Street at the back of Market Cross Shopping Centre.

Good Luck!

Advertisement