Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Crashed my car over weekend. :(

Options
  • 18-02-2008 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I was down in Blarney over the weekend and somehow managed to reverse into a wall outside blarney castle! The wall is circular and I did hit it fairly hard. The groundsman of Blarney castle came out and said that I would have to pay for the wall. I have no problem with this as it was my fault.

But when I looked at the wall it had cracked nearly all the way around! I did not think that I did that much damage to it. But i dont have anyway of proving that it was not already cracked! I took pictures of the wall for my own records. Anyway he said that he would ring me in a few days with a few different quotes. I just dont want him to take the piss with the amount! If it is 200/300 euro thats ok but after that I will be sceptical. Should I ask him for a copy of the estimate? Bear in mind that I live in Dundalk so I will need him to fax it up to me. I dont want to annoy him as its not going through the insurance company. Do I have any options open to limit the amount I have to pay?

Also does any body have any idea how much a new back bumper would cost or even where I could get a new bumper for a citreon xsara? Its a yellow colour so I think I am going to have to get one sprayed. And I have no idea how much it will cost or where I can get it replaced.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    I will try to post some pics later on today.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

get the bumper on www.micksgarage.ie

as for the wall, you'll have to bite your lip and pay it I'm afraid

If the wall ends up being crazy money - could your insurance pay for it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Sean/Telnor

i reckon you should wait until he gives you the price, if it seems high, ring your insurance company and say that you want to go through them now and that the quote he gave you seems really high. they will then send out an invesgarto to check everything and will find out how much the wall should cost to get fixed.

same type thing happened to my mam, she scratched a car reversing and the woman gave a quote from a garage for 2,500 euro claiming her headlights are broke as a result and the heating no longer works.... my mam called the insurance and they paid the woman 200euro which got the scratch fixed... and nothing else.

At least with the insurance company, its between the bloke and the company.
    of course it its only a bit of cash, just pay it yourself :)

Advertisement