Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World's largest music collection goes up for auction !

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

lol.

Pay for music? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Holy crap, nice. If I had a bottomless pit of money I would splash out on this. It would be nice to take a subtractive approach to collecting music instead of an additive one live everyone else (i.e. acquire all music and throw out the bits you don't want, instead of purchasing the music you want bit by bit).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭slipss

Whoever buys that is not going to be a happy puppy when they discover the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Love the fact that its $3,000,000 starting bid, and underneath it says "Get $10 back on this item - Apply"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Wow. I'd love to just have a wander about in there for a few hours.

Imagine the shipping costs :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

slipss wrote: »
    Whoever buys that is not going to be a happy puppy when they discover the internet.

I'd love to have the broadband connection that can deliver 3 million vinyl records, on vinyl. Plus the first wax cylinders from Thomas Edison and one of the first 300 CDs ever made.

There are more than a few people in the world with the cash and the passion in music to buy this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

and I am at the moment trying to rip my collection into ITunes..only around 10 CD's a night , still have 1,500 to go.

I would hope that the likes of Bill Gates or Steve Jobs would buy this collection for a archive of Music.

"You can also just see the likes of DJ Shadow moving into his warehouse looking for new samples and breaks"

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The collection has 6,000,000 songs (according to the description). Download? Heh, yeah right.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

A loop diggers dream.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

That's amazing, who knows what wonders are hiding amongst the shelves. I'm working my up to having a similar collection but at 2000-odd entries in the Kealy Library of Music, I'm a long way off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭'Ol Jack Chance

DominoDub wrote: »
    Anyone Got €50 Million ?

just so happens that i......dont

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

John wrote: »
    That's amazing, who knows what wonders are hiding amongst the shelves.
    Indeed. Although I'd say that there'd be more duds than diamonds.

Interesting that there are a lot of duplicates in the collection and he mentioned that they could be sold to make money back on the initial cost of buying the collection.

Is anybody other than a generous philanthropist, with a love for music, gonna buy this and donate it to a museum? Somehow can't see it myself.

Advertisement