Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lucan mayhem

Options
  • 18-02-2008 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭

This morning I started a thread about a truck breaking down on the Lucan bridge and I suggested starting a petition to have the driver beaten up on the 6 o clock news, i received a warning from a moderator saying that I was advocating violence.

I would like to take this opportunity to apologise and state that I DON'T want him beaten up on the 6 o clock news and I DON'T want him hunted through the streets and shot like a dog and I especially DON'T want him crucified on the lucan bridge as an example to other truck drivers to maintain their vehicles.

As I was so recently reminded violence is not the answer
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

MajorMax wrote: »
    I DON'T want him beaten up on the 6 o clock news
    Good call. The TV3 News at 5:30 would be better. They could also give Martin King a slap or two as a ratings booster. Just so long as he's OK for his Saturday morning slot on Today FM though coz I like him on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

...ok

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Wtf...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Why are all the 'don'ts' in capitals? Are you trying to tell us something?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Ah, the "not" joke. Surely the pinacle of wit... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

DON'T hold back, MajorMax - why DON'T you tell us what you really feel? (Yeah, alright, I'll get my coat...)

On a vaguely more serious note, it's reassuring to see that you're espousing a measured and proportional response rather than, say, playing a game of Internet Hard Man. Because we wouldn't want you to make yourself look like a complete dumb-ass would we? Oh, wait...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

MajorMax wrote: »
    As I was so recently reminded violence is not the answer
    Actually, you'll find that violence is the answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

sorry-kiddo-this-movie-too-violent.jpg

Advertisement