Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Venables to sue Dunphy

• 18-02-2008 3:24pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭

I was wondering when this would happen
    Sunday Independent: It emerged last night that Terry Venables is preparing to sue Dunphy for comments made on RTE and in newspaper articles during the search for an Irish manager.

Dunphy was also critical last week of a man he once referred to as a "class act" but his comments about Venables, particularly on RTE last November, may lead to further action from the former England manager.

Venables was angered by Dunphy's comments at the time, but decided to take no action while he remained in contention for the job. With the appointment of Trapattoni, he is understood to see no obstacle to pursuing a case.

In fairness he was quite harsh on Venables during the whole 'process'.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

want did he say? calling him a crook etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

darkman2 wrote: »
    I was wondering when this would happen

In fairness he was quite harsh on Venables during the whole 'process'.

Non story as usual from the Independent...fishing for something that's not there - they really are unbelievable!

...'may lead to further action':rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

The Sindo has an unsourced article. Do me a favour.

Apart from the fact that its the Sindo and football and they are never right, there is the extra strand that they are out to get Dunphy over they way he left them.

There was nothing slanderous in what Dunphy said. Having an opinion that he was not the man for the job is not illegal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Mr Alan wrote: »
    want did he say? calling him a crook etc?

He didn't say anything none of us said...and it was all fact.

I actually have the whole thing on Sky+ so, going to watch it later again just to refresh my memory...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,439 ✭✭✭secman

All monetary contributions welcome !!!!!!!!!

Secman

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Ha ha ha.

Could players not say the same?

Andy Reid: 'those pundits said I was overweight and the slowest winger ever and basically lowered my potential earnings or transfer value'

'Mr Reid, it is the ruling of this court of arbitration that you are in fact overweight and tests have proven that you are the slowest winger ever'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I dont' remember him saying anything particuarly untrue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,125 ✭✭✭homah_7ft

There is a vast difference in suing somebody and preparing to sue somebody. I'm preparing to sue anyone who disagrees with me. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,082 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

yeah, its like Big Sam being all outraged and ready to sue the hole's off the BBC.

What happened Sam? Didn't get around to it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Didnt he insinuitate Dunphy had influenced the FAI decision making?

FFS, the FAI hate Dunphy so much Im surprised they didnt re appoint Stan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Did anyone read the article in the Sunday World questioning does Dunphy call the shots at the FAI now

Brought a smile and a laugh

Advertisement