Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Disc Tray wont open

• 18-02-2008 3:26pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭

This only happens sometimes on my 360. I press the button to open the tray and it wont open at all, it makes the sound like its about to but just stays shut. Its very irritating, anyone any solutions?

Its my 2nd one and ive had it since last summer after my first one died on its arse.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Mine did that, straight to gamestop, 200 blips, elite, happy days, bye bye sh*tty xbox 360....

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Mine does that every so often, but it always opens when I push the left side of the tray. I don't wanna call Microsoft about it, as long as I don't see the ROD!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Shamo

Seems to always happen when i've no disc in the tray. Usually hit it while pressing eject and it opens. Might try pushing the left side of the tray then if that works instead of hitting it or just leave a disc in it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Same as Shamo, my tray used to get stuck when if there was no game inside.

Pressing the open button and when you hear it trying to open push the tray cover slightly up and out she'd pop.

The whole DVD drive then of course packed in after a few weeks and then a RRoD after that, best of luck though;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 rover2200

hello i had the same problem with my xbox 360 and i found a very simple way to open it that always works for me.

if your xbox 360 is standing up tilt it on its left side . then press teh eject button and it should open. it always works for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Smoggy

happens to me as well ....

the orientation was vertical - the tray wouldn't eject.
    Changed to horizontial - the tray works everytime.

MS hardware sucks balls :)

Advertisement