Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to Create a New Thread & Reply to a thread

Options
  • 18-02-2008 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭

How to Create a new thread.

Go to the forum of your choice and click the button (create thread) marked in red below.

newthread.jpg

To reply to a thread, use the buttons marked in red on the left hand side of the following image.

replytothread.jpg

V

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Big William

Hey, I've just registered there with Boards. I'm logged in and all but that 'Post a Thread' button isn't on my account screen. Are there some more forms or anything I have to fill out before they let me start posting threads?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Hi Bigwilliam

Sometimes a corporate firewall can block these images, are you posting from behind a firewall? is the reply to thread button there? I ask as you may have used the quick reply box to post this question.

V.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Jumpin Jehovah!

Gerry? your still with us?

Man, you've been missed here , hope everything's working out in RL for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Just popped in for a look around:)

V.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Well it's nice to see you around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Wow.

Just wow. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Jelly tot

Hey, I've just registered there with Boards. I'm logged in and all but that 'Post a Thread' button isn't on my account screen. Are there some more forms or anything I have to fill out before they let me start posting threads?
    Hi, I have just activated an account and cant find the new thread button either !

Thanks

HI, Can anyone tell me how to create a new thread, the 'new thread button' isnt anywhere.

Jelly tot wrote: »
    HI, Can anyone tell me how to create a new thread, the 'new thread button' isnt anywhere.

Click on the forum you want to post in and you will see the boards logo in the top left hand corner. Just below this, there is a link for posting a new thread.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭tiocimarla

how can you tell if someone has repied to a post

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

tiocimarla wrote: »
    how can you tell if someone has repied to a post

You can subscribe to a thread to get notification of replies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Aids By Google

smashey wrote: »
    Wow.

Just wow. :)

why ... just .... why?

why ... just .... why?
    Why?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Heh, newbies.

Advertisement