Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Weekend Toy.... £1.5k ish

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭MuffinsDa

This one has no turbo.

oops. I stand corrected. But one should be able to get a turbo one for the same price.

I think C900 would handle slightly better as it's not based on the poxy cavallier chassis that NG900 and OG93 are based on. I have a 00 93 Turbo as well, and it's exactly like someone explained here, super super powerful, endless midrange power, comfy but not the best handling. Mind you, there's lots of aftermarket upgrades that can greately improve the handling. But honestly, you'd never find and engine as peppy and refined at the same time as a Turbo Saab! Well, you would, but not for this kind of money :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

MkII Honda CRX, (preferably dohc VTEC). Very nice, but getting rare now.

Or MkIII CRX (del sol), here's a VTI with the rare TransTop electric roof. Asking price £1600.

That roof is very cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Oh my god that is a beautiful car. What are they like to keep as a occassional "weekender" ?

If that were down the road from me I think I'd buy it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 rambler924

JHMEG wrote: »
    Is that not supposed to be the worst Porsche ever?

A general misconception about the 924, other one's include "not a real Porsche" and "that’s the one with the van engine".
    All of these conceptions are based on a very small piece of truth. The engine block is the same as the Audi 100, also used on the VW LT Van but that is where the engine similarity ends. The car was designed by Porsche but assembled under Porsche supervision at the NSU plant in Neckarsulm (who also carried out contract work for Mercedes), carries a Porsche badge and is acknowledged by all motoring journalists as the car that saved Porsche from going under in the late 70's early 80's after car buying trends changed following the oil crises of the mid 70's. They sold 140.000 924's in its 10-year life span (not bad for the worst Porsche ever?).

Finally it may not be everybody's cup of tea; it wasn't mine in the beginning. When I set out to find a car to mess with I kept coming back to it as it matched the criteria I had set myself far better than anything else I had come across and once I had a drive I knew it was the right choice.
    Although the shape and style may not be to your taste, if you get the opportunity to test drive a good 924 while you are across the water, have a go. I doubt you will be able to knock it on the road holding, feel and the overall driving experience.
    The best of luck with your search.

Advertisement