Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Where is a good place to get a car alarm fitted?

Options
  • 18-02-2008 4:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where I can get a car alarm fitted in Dublin ? Was up with cartronics in santry and they are charging me for an alarm I am not to sure on, and its costing 350...

Anyone got a good company ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭stecleary

hey i jst got a carvox fitted wit a remote start for 414 and the guy comes to your house and installs it for you
    www.juzcaraccessories.ie some really good products on there i would highly recomend him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Is it a good idea to have people come to your home address ?? How long did it take? How long is the waiting list?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

I got Alan greene of incar.ie to fit a clifford to mine, i couldnt recomend him enough his work is great, you would barely know the car was touched, and any problems and hes very quick to sort them for you.

He fits clifford and other alarms from their sister companies, what car have you got?

Might give them a ring see what they can do.. Mitsu Mirage, So there should be no problems with installation ..

Cool im actually on the lookout for one for my girlfriend, if i dont find a decent one here for the right money im gonna import one, where did you get your own?

And i dont want to put a downer on you but get your self an alarm pretty fast make it your first mod as people are targeting imports specailly fresh ones.

• Advertisement

projectgtr wrote: »
    Cool im actually on the lookout for one for my girlfriend, if i dont find a decent one here for the right money im gonna import one, where did you get your own?

And i dont want to put a downer on you but get your self an alarm pretty fast make it your first mod as people are targeting imports specailly fresh ones.

Got mine in S&B motors, I am well aware of the situation here in with the scum.. They would enjoi it also, as its a rare cyborg version of the car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭SecureSounds

Try Safesounds in Drumcondra.

Better off having it fitted at a dealers than on the side of the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,794 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Cartronics are a good company, fitted a Medi to my car.. they cover contracts for major garages..

msg11 wrote: »
    Got mine in S&B motors, I am well aware of the situation here in with the scum.. They would enjoi it also, as its a rare cyborg version of the car.

Very nice man, in that case im going to defintely recomend a clifford if its in your price range, mine has dual immob, lots of sensors, PIN entry panel and a couple more extras id rather keep to myself;)

Pm sent to you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Safesounds

stecleary wrote: »
    hey i jst got a carvox fitted wit a remote start for 414...

Wouldn't recommend putting a remote start system on any car you want to hold on to. You'll probably only use it twice to show off to your mates and being able to start the car over the alarm/immobiliser is asking for trouble methinks =] We won't put remote start on any car and I'm pretty sure Cartronics in Santry will tell you the same. [Just an opinion OP]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭stecleary

Safesounds wrote: »
    Wouldn't recommend putting a remote start system on any car you want to hold on to. You'll probably only use it twice to show off to your mates and being able to start the car over the alarm/immobiliser is asking for trouble methinks =] We won't put remote start on any car and I'm pretty sure Cartronics in Santry will tell you the same. [Just an opinion OP]

if the key is not in the ignition the car cuts out when you touch the break and doors remain locked!!! if you do some how get into the car when breaks are touched alarm sounds!!!
    it took about 3 hrs to complete the job top notch work nothing looks different about the car apart from the senscor box on the windscreen but its tiny!!!

Advertisement