Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sexual partners

Options
  • 18-02-2008 4:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭

read recently that the average amount of sexual partners a woman has befoe getting married is eight. would that be about right?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Ha ha expecting some confessions here are we??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

Maybe that's the average. I can't relate to that figure tbh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭john1963

if the average is 8 there must be alot with more than 8 because there is definitely alot with less than 8, just curious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

It's a maths average which mean that there are women on the scale who have had 1 and some who have had 20+ but when the over all number is divided by the number of women it averaged out as 8.

So you will find women have a range of number of sexual partners and usually the longer they have been sexual acitve the higher the number.

Clare Bear wrote: »
    Ha ha expecting some confessions here are we??

well what do you think would be about average!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

it would be a very rough number to come to as its only taking into account married women - you'd have to wait till the woman got married to ask how many she'd slept with before and does that 8 count the husband as well? or just the number before the husband and what about divorced and remarried women do they start counting from zero from husband one to husband two? - If they are asking a bunch of married women and then working the number out in relation to the total female population then its way off.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

there's no such thing as an average. Thought people grew out of this crap years ago.

ztoical wrote: »
    it would be a very rough number to come to as its only taking into account married women - you'd have to wait till the woman got married to ask how many she'd slept with before and does that 8 count the husband as well? or just the number before the husband and what about divorced and remarried women do they start counting from zero from husband one to husband two? - If they are asking a bunch of married women and then working the number out in relation to the total female population then its way off.
    ok how many sexual partners is the norm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

john1963 wrote: »

I'm sorry whats "the norm" and why do you care? are you doing maths in college? is this some weird maths project?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

John1963, please state why you want this information.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

As many as the person chooses to have. Sex is just one of those things where there is nothing remotely like an RDA or an unsafe amount (assuming you stop for sleep and nutrition).

Silverfish wrote: »
    John1963, please state why you want this information.

in my believe these figures are wrong. they were quoted in sunday independent. i work with young disasdvantaged people and am interested in peoples views on this

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Look at it this way john, for a female prostitute the average will be a lot higher, for a nun the average (hopefully!!!) will be a lot lower than 8 (although some nuns became nuns later in life!

For the average single woman in her late 20's early thirties then I would suggest that based on the women I know the average would be between 3-8. I have known women who were more active however and can count 20+.

Each to their own, it's not really important unless either herself or her partners were not practicing safe sex at some stage.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

in my believe these figures are wrong. they were quoted in sunday independent. i work with young disasdvantaged people and am interested in peoples views on this

I'm not sure what that has to do with this question.

You've received all the answers, they will all just be phrased differently after this.

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement