Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Trading in Megane for Focus

Options
  • 18-02-2008 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭

Hi

Trading in a 05 Renault Megane Dynamique with about 50,000 miles on it and in tip top condition. Looking to get a 07 Ford Focus and was offered a Style model (basic - no alloys!) with 11,000 kms on it for €12,850. Focus was a fleet car as well...

Good deal/bad deal??? I don't want to try to sell my car privately want to do the whole deal in a garage asap...

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

I'd gladly take a tricycle over a Megane. Go for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

lauratkd wrote: »
    Hi

Trading in a 05 Renault Megane Dynamique with about 50,000 miles on it and in tip top condition. Looking to get a 07 Ford Focus and was offered a Style model (basic - no alloys!) with 11,000 kms on it for €12,850. Focus was a fleet car as well...

Good deal/bad deal??? I don't want to try to sell my car privately want to do the whole deal in a garage asap...

Thanks!
    Some garages (like Honda or Toyota) will not take Renault as trade-ins so go for it. The focus is a good car and will hold its value much better than the Renault.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Go to another garage selling a similar Focus and see what kind of money they want to trade up.

Meganes generally have very poor resale values and are hard to shift second hand.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Are you trading in the megane because you didnt like it or because you want the newer model focus? Its a pretty straight trade imo. Im just interested as I am looking at this range of cars, have driven a renault before and really loved it, though I am obviously aware of their muck reputation and wondering if I should buy one again or if I just got lucky with my first renault.

Advertisement