Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you use garmin smart recording?

Options
  • 18-02-2008 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭

I have a Garmin edge 305 that I use for training and general commuting and until now I have just left the unit to record all my time traveling including stopping at lights or waiting for people on spins. Do people use there Garmin's with smart recording so it stops recording if you stop moving?

Been thinking about moving over to this as it gives a better indication of actual time but then it does not help on the heart rate and cadence graphs?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

I have a forerunner 305, (only 2 weeks old though) and up till now it's been in smart mode, only recording actual moving time. I think it probably gives a fairer reflection on average speeds, heart rate and cadence, since recording 'down time' would skew your results negatively I think...
    but in fairness that's the way it came out of the box for me, so I left it.....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

I have the forerunner 305. I think I have the smart recording on.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭joemc99

I have a forerunner and its on manual mode, gonna switch back to auto mode, manual is a bit of a pain.

sorry to hijake the post but I have a prob with mine. How do I say spin 'a' has ended, and I want to record spin 'b'? If I 'stop' a spin, and 'start' a new spin the next day, it just takes over from the previous spin! I have to upload the details and delete the spin from the unit! Wreaking my head. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

When you finish spin A, press Stop/Start, so it says timer stopped.
    then _hold_ down the lap button and you will see 3-2-1 on the screen and it resets the timer to zero. Now you can start spin B with the start/stop.
    Spin 'A' is available to you to view in Mode->History->Biking->By Day
    Hope this helps
    K

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

kenmc wrote: »
    then _hold_ down the lap button and you will see 3-2-1 on the screen and it resets the timer to zero. Now you can start spin B with the start/stop.
    Hope this helps
    K

That's what I do to. I also find that if you upload your routes to the PC, it is automatically reset.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

using a 205, think it has the smart mode in some of the training modes, still using some of the regular modes my self at the mo whilst i work it out properly

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭joemc99

kenmc wrote: »
    Hope this helps
    K

Nice one Ken, thanks

Advertisement