Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Far Cry The Movie

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yeah I posted it over on the Film forum... looks terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Udo Kier, is there anything he can do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

I wouldn't write it off so quickly it looks like it could be the next T2

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

nah, they made the next T2 they called it T3 it was a heap of ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

it looks terrible and for some reason the shots of the US base remind me of that god awful mario movie for some reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

oh dear

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

That looks amazing!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

"Is that your gun?", hilarious stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

In fairness, whats a director/writer/actor supposed to do with a piece of crap story that revolves around a typical redneck running about an island with heavy weapons shooting mercenaries and genetically engineered mutants? Schindlers list? Fight Club? Citizen Kane?

A terribly written movie with big guns, cringe inducing dialogue and zero character development is a perfect adaptation of Far Cry to the big screen. Anything less would be a sell out.
    "Is that your gun?", hilarious stuff.

Lines like that are why actors get paid the big bucks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,594 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

The moment gamers & the gaming community ignore him, he will go away.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I heard all the bad guys only have 1 line of dialogue: 'I'm gonna shoot you in the face!'

Maybe thats the game I'm thinking of....

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

"I'm gonna shoot you in the face!"

God what a great line.....its got such a cheesy charm to it. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,594 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Remember the accusation that Boll's movies were taking advantage of a tax-loophole in German law or something; was that ever closed off, or is it still possible?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

There were loads of silly rumours going around like that. He takes the piss out of them in the start of Postal saying that he funded the movie with Nazi gold.

I saw the first 5 minutes of Postal on some website a while ago and it looked very funny indeed. From what I've read about the place he's certainly got more of a talent for tasteless satire than he does for horror/action anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Er, have the moved Far Cry to Canada rather than the tropics? That is a bit dumb ... now the women won't have an excuse to be in bikinis all the time (ummm ... "Dead or Alive" ... ummmm)

"Your just simple boat man?" ... LOL ... reminds me "He's a God damn COOK!" :)

Advertisement