Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 days in Dublin---

Options
  • 18-02-2008 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭

Just ran into an acquaintance who is going to be in Dublin Thursday through Sunday of this week, with his wife and 2 teenagers. Its his first time so apart from what he's read in tourist books he doesn't know the city. He is Staying at the Merrion Hotel-no car.

Ive already talked him out of taking a trip to the Cliffs of Moher so here's what I've suggested:

Day Trips:

Glendalough or Bray/Greystones (walk along the cliff and all that)

Pubs:

Stags Head, Brazen Head, Nearys, Keoghs, Long Hall.

Historical:

Trinity
    Dublin Castle (walk through only-dont do the tour)
    Christchurch (stop into Burdocks while he's there)
    St Audoens
    Croke Park Museum (told him to take cab)
    Four Courts

Any other suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Singer73

newgrange
    Kells
    Trim
    Dalkey
    Howth
    Mulligan's pub

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

IMMA, lunch in Guilbauds (if he can afford it, if not in The Pearl Brasserie next door), walk in Iveagh Gardens and St Stephen's Green, drink in the Horseshoe Bar in The Shelbourne (bring the credit card)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The National Museum.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

No car knocks a few things on the head, here is what I can come up with...

(Howth is good, nice food, alright value)

Order chicken wings in Elephant and Castle.

Go to the botanical gardens.

Go to the Zoo.

Do the Kilmainham Gaol tour.

Go and see the bogmen in the museum.

Go to the National Art Gallery.

Take a trip to Irelands Eye. (can you still do this?)

Do the hop on hop off bus trip.

Do the Sea Safari.

Do the Viking spash tour.

Do the 1916 tour.

Do the Guinness hops tour.

I think there is a good whisky tour in Smithfield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Extremely unlikely to get a boat to Ireland's Eye at this time of year - summer months really.
    Also in Howth is the Transport Museum in the grounds of Howth Castle (up the hill opposite the concrete factory).
    There's also the cliff walk with the optional pint in the Summit Inn, but could be too chilly given the recent weather.
    There's also a book fair on sunday's (i think) and there was some tent thing (ice rink perhaps) on the promenade last time I was out there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement