Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poetry question

Options
  • 18-02-2008 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭

I was just thinking of this today. Is it possible that in the Leaving you could be asked about a certain style of poem, eg a sonnet, as opposed to being asked about a certain poet? I'm not familiar with the sylabus or anything, and I know they have only ever asked about certain poets, but is it possible?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Seems wildly unlikely. If they did it, there would be uproar, too. I've only ever seen/heard of questions on particular poets.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭failsafe

Sounds like the kind of question you'd be asked for the unseen poem. E.g. Describe the style of the poem. Although It's more junior cert level to ask you something that direct. The lc always asks about poets. Possibly it could come up in the guise of "pick a poet that you have studied who deals with the theme of x" or "in the style of y"

Advertisement