Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applying for masters

Options
  • 18-02-2008 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭

Im hoping to apply for the Masters in accounting in Smurfit and I am just wondering how exactly does the application process work?

Do you just fill out the app form and they decide or are there interviews? Also is the a fixed amount of places each year or do they take anyone who is suitable? Finally is a 2.1 a necessity for the course? Im aiming for a 2.1 but Im just wondering in the event of not getting it are you refused?

Any other info on the course would be much appreciated as well e.g. hours, workload, assessment etc.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭FLYNN-DOG

im looking for smurfit too. some of the course u need a 2.1, for otyers its a 2.2. still, its the cost thats the bitch!

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Slippers

I was at a presentation about the Master of Accounting, maybe two years ago, and they seemed to handle applications like the CAO does. Meaning they get everyone's results as percentages and put them in a list from highest to lowest, then they go down the list 'till all the places are full. They said there's some leeway if you have a chat with them but generally two thirds of the class have 1sts and one third have 2.1s. This was a while ago so best to go to an open day or talk to someone in case I'm wrong about something.

Advertisement