Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Expected Discount on UK purchase

Options
  • 18-02-2008 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

Hi i am buying a one year old car for cash in the UK. £17000. What can i expect to get on the discount side from the advertised price. Of course I'm waiting for the July VRT drop. Honda Main Dealer for an Accord 2.2iCdi

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Churchy

Depends on the car and where your buying it from.

Car Supermarkets like Motorpoint have a very small margin and you'll get little to nothing off.
    Franchised dealers and smaller firms usually have more room to move , probably around £1,000 at that price - but it does depend on the market - perhaps the car is priced correctly at the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭dessierb

It will be of a main dealer. Its a Honda Accord 2.2icdi

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Ask the dealer. Any opinion you'll get here isn't worth 2c. Seriously.

Advertisement