Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

maternity hospital Cork

Options
  • 18-02-2008 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

Hi,

were planning to start a family, but have no idea which hospital has the best maternity facilities. Can anybody advise us which one is best? I hear the new maternity hospital in the city is understaffed and under pressure. We are hoping to go private. Thanks a mill!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

kulekat wrote: »
    Hi,

were planning to start a family, but have no idea which hospital has the best maternity facilities. Can anybody advise us which one is best? I hear the new maternity hospital in the city is understaffed and under pressure. We are hoping to go private. Thanks a mill!!

Hi kulekat,

Good luck with starting a family - best thing you'll ever do in your life, IMO.

I'm from Louth, so I don't really know the situation in Cork, but every single maternity hospital in the country is understaffed and under pressure - unfortunately thats not just restricted to Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭maniac101

kulekat wrote: »
    Hi,

Last year Cork's three existing maternity hospitals were closed and their facilities were centralised in the new Cork University Maternity Hospital (CUMH), which is now the only maternity hospital in the city. So regardless of whether you're private or public in Cork, you'll end up in the same hospital.

My wife gave birth in the CUMH last year. While some things didn't seem to be organised very efficiently, the general level of service was good, and both mother and baby were well looked after. Of course this could depend on how busy they are - daily numbers of births can fluctuate considerably.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭kulekat

thanks a mill!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

Yeah , i think iniatally the new maternity hospital would be a bit dis organised due to midwives from three different maternity hospitals coming together, some of these midwives might be a midwife for years upon years and then there are the midwives just quailifed, each hospital must have had their own way of doing things...but as far as i know, things are going well in there now, there were a few teething problems to begin with i'm sure.

Advertisement