Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where's me slots!

Options
  • 18-02-2008 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭

Just looking at a few of the newer boards.

It's been about 5 years since I built a pc and a lot of the boards seem to come with two PCI-E slots and no PCI

Are the many boards with 4-5 slots?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

No board apart from server boards have 4-5 pci slots now. 2 x pci-e is normal or even 3 on the new 780i chipset boards. Nowa days 2 pci slots is about the max you will find, but if you use a dual slot carn you will most likely loose one. Although i do believe, if memory serves me right the abit fatality ( 650i ) has 3 pci slots.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Anti wrote: »
    No board apart from server boards have 4-5 pci slots now. 2 x pci-e is normal or even 3 on the new 780i chipset boards. Nowa days 2 pci slots is about the max you will find, but if you use a dual slot carn you will most likely loose one. Although i do believe, if memory serves me right the abit fatality ( 650i ) has 3 pci slots.

The problem I see before me is I wanted to use a passively cooled gfx these all take up two slots ya?

So I'm a bit stumped as to where to put the TV tuner....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Some boards do have 1 pci slot at the bottom of the board. So you can lash it in there.

Advertisement