Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

game of the season so far?

• 18-02-2008 5:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭

i enjoyed reading the "best comebacks ever" thread so hopefully this might generate some of the same. i figure start with this season alone. favourite match you watched and why?

For me (other than spurs spanking arsenal in the cup) i have to go for Russia-England... all the hype about the pitch and hoe if they drew they were through and how great england are and YAY rooney put them one up and now its full steam ahead Euro 2008 but no one told the russians! was agreat second half to watch (so not sure if this counts as best game...)

i'm still unsure, i'll get back to myself later...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Villa Spurs for me. The 4-4 game from before Christmas. What a game. It had everything. The fact that Jol was walking a tightrope regarding his poition added to the drama. Also the fact that I had money on it probably added to the general excitement of it all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

Pighead wrote: »
    Villa Spurs for me. The 4-4 game from before Christmas. What a game. It had everything. The fact that Jol was walking a tightrope regarding his poition added to the drama. Also the fact that I had money on it probably added to the general excitement of it all.

that was awesome, didnt have setanta so watched skysports centre and watching the updates as they came in was quite something given that i wasnt "watching" the game... at 4-3 and the "GOAL ALERT - WHITE HART LANE" popped up in the top corner, the uncertainty as to whether Jol was definately gone for losing 5-3 or the heroic comeback complete at 4-4... was great!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

I liked the 2 Arsenal games earlier in the year where they drew 1-1 and 2-2 against Liverpool and United.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Arsenal - United in the league earlier this season made a welcome change from some of the sh*t matches theyve served up since Keane and Vieira left. But hands down, its gotta be Villa and Spurs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Chelsea and Villa, the one where Cashley was sent off Villa scored a last minute penalty! 4-4 what a game!

That and the Carling Cup game between Blackburn and Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

spurs and villa was watching it on sky sports and it was the most funniest thing ever. 3-2 jeff no wait 3-3 no wait 4-3 omg i cant believe it jeff 4-4...wat a game. hand down winner and im a liverpool fan and i know that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 729 ✭✭✭scruff321

id say the chelsea vs villa and the spurs vs villa matches were great to watch but only saw the highlights..but out of the games ive watched id have to go for the arsenal spurs one in the carling cup great game..absolutely love watchin tottenham their fans certainly get their entertainment value!;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Yeh probably Spurs vs Villa.

Fulham vs ManC was pretty damn good too. 3-3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Arsenal vs United at the Emirates this season was good.... 2 late goals. I'd say Liverpool vs United was a good game too. United defending for their lives and Liverpool pushing on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

spurs v villa
    chelsea v villa

stick-dan wrote: »
    spurs and villa was watching it on sky sports and it was the most funniest thing ever. 3-2 jeff no wait 3-3 no wait 4-3 omg i cant believe it jeff 4-4...wat a game. hand down winner and im a liverpool fan and i know that.

it didnt go like that at all? and it was on a monday night so wouldnt have been on soccer saturday

1-0 villa
    2-0 villa
    3-0 villa
    3-1 villa
    4-1 villa
    4-2 villa
    4-3 villa
    4-4 draw

youre thinking of the chelsea v villa 4 all draw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Athletico Madrid - Villareal
    4 - 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

England- 2
    Croatia-3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Lol quite easy really.

Manchester United 1 - 2 Manchester City

closely followed by

Manchester City 1 - 0 Manchester United.

Good times!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Pompey 7-4 Reading. Never thought I'd say that!

England- 2
    Croatia-3

oooh! i forgot about that, bloody belter so it was

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Ones which I've seen and loved include:

England 2 Croatia 3

Spurs 5 Arsenal 1 (Gotta love Keano's dancing)

Man Utd 4 Arsenal 0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Spurs 5 Arsenal 1 (Gotta love Keano's dancing)

Man Utd 4 Arsenal 0

So, you just hate us that much yeah?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭pd101

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Pompey 7-4 Reading. Never thought I'd say that!

Chris Kamara reporting on that made it better :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I'd have to go with Spurs v Reading (6 - 4). I left the gaff with the scores 1 - 1 and had a call from my Dad that evening asking me what I thought of it. Never would I have believed that 10 goals would have been scored in such a manner. Fair play to Reading for their battling but Berbatov was too much scoring 4 goals!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Lol quite easy really.

Manchester United 1 - 2 Manchester City

closely followed by

Manchester City 1 - 0 Manchester United.

Good times!

wow really !What a surprise :D:D

For me

England 2 Croatia 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

Juventus vs livorno and Livorno vs juventus 5-1 and 4-0 i think. trezeguet hattrick and brace and del piero and Iaquinta in there somewhere. wonderful to watch. also last weekend Juventus 1 Roma 0 Del piero free kick. excellent game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Aahh now lads, you have to admit, the games against Cyprus were both pretty hilarious :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Aahh now lads, you have to admit, the games against Cyprus were both pretty hilarious :D
    Only one of them was this season. And it was pretty meaningless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Galvasean wrote: »
    Chelsea and Villa, the one where Cashley was sent off Villa scored a last minute penalty! 4-4 what a game!.

+1 definatly, what a game! either that or utd arsenal in the fa cup (just to piss galvasean off)

Advertisement