Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LITTLE SCUMBAGS-What can you do?

• 18-02-2008 5:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭

Last October i posted on here about little sh*tes putting fireworks through my letterbox and throwing them at me also. Whereas some people felt that it was harmless fun and part and parcel of the hallowe'en period, others were of the same opinions as me that they were generally little sh*tes who could do with a taste of their own medicine.

Unfortunately this anti-social behaviour has not let up, their usual trick is to kick the sh*te outta my front door in the early hours of the morning, two weeks ago they threw large stones(1 was about 4 inches x2) and half consumed beer cans at my windows and roof, causing a small bit of damage. Then last friday they destroyed the walls and fences of 2 of my neighbours houses with grafitti.

My 2 neighbours,who are both in their 60's are experiencing this behaviour also one had a vodka bottle thrown at his window and the laneway into the rear of our houses is covered in broken glass-i mean LOADS of it! One of the old guys told me he is terrified and was asking me what he should do.

The Guards just don't seem the slightest bit interested in doing anything to get this scum, and i am getting angrier by the day at their total inaction.
    How the hell do the guards expect 2 old people and a woman not to be afraid when they are being subjected to this behaviour and they will not apprehend the culprits.?
    I gave them the names of two of the guys who were throwing the stones at my windows and still nothing is done! The next day these guys were on bebo laughing about getting stopped by the guards loads of times the night before.

Does anyone have any "Realistic" solutions to put an end to this, before i lose my temper some night and land myself in prison!
    Asking for a transfer is an option i have considered but i have put so much work into my house that i would prefer to other options first.

Sorry for the rant but im both scared and angry.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

Time to take the law into your own hands I think, dish out some street justice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭kev_s88

kick them until they bleed.......then kick them some more!!

its the only way to get through to those little sh!ts

just dish out some PAIN and let that be that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Did you try speaking to the parents?
    You could try speaking to a bigger bully bob to sort them out for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Call the Garda Ombudsman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

I usually find a pack of rottwiellers sorts out scum like this very efficiently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Sometimes in these cases its very easy to point the finger of accusation in th edirection of the "scumbags" or kids as they were called in Pigheads day.

Perhaps you have done something to annoy these misunderstood children. Are we getting the whole story here? Reminds Pighead of the time his sister came home crying saying a fella had smacked her arse so hard it was redraw. Pighead found the guy, grabbed him by the scruff of his neck and give him the trashing of a lifetime.

It was only later that Pighead found out the fella was her boyfriend and he only smacked her arse because she had kicked him in the goolies. On reflection, Pighead was wrong to jump in and administer said thrashing.
    Perhaps you're wrong too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

Beat on the brat,
    Beat on the brat,
    Beat on the brat with a baseball bat,
    Oh yeah, oh yeah, uh-oh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

For those advocating violence, how do you suggest she catches these asbo's when they random attack?

Have you logged the attacks?

Time to call the Garda Ombudsman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Pay someone to give them a hiding

Then when they go to Gardai maybe the Gardai can ignore them too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

invest in an air-rifle.

always did the trick for me!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

DonalN wrote: »
    invest in an air-rifle.

always did the trick for me!

Requires a firearm certificate,only a fool would use one to threaten people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

Degsy wrote: »
    Requires a firearm certificate,only a fool would use one to threaten people.

I'd have no problem putting a pellet into a scumbag who throws rocks and cans at my house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

Try contacting your local newspaper or radio station and see if they'll give it some coverage, might put pressure on the guards. Talk to your local politician too, see if they can do anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭source

chasm wrote: »
    The Guards just don't seem the slightest bit interested in doing anything to get this scum, and i am getting angrier by the day at their total inaction.
    How the hell do the guards expect 2 old people and a woman not to be afraid when they are being subjected to this behaviour and they will not apprehend the culprits.?
    I gave them the names of two of the guys who were throwing the stones at my windows and still nothing is done! The next day these guys were on bebo laughing about getting stopped by the guards loads of times the night before.

So you're saying that the Gardai did nothing but in the same breath you say that the gardai stopped these scrotes loads of times the night you made the complaint, that sounds to me like the gardai put a lot of resources and effort into trying to crack down on these little sh1ts, The problem is that the gardai don't have much they can do if the kids are under a certain age.

This may already have gone to be dealt with by the juvenile liason officer, I would suggest you call your local station and ask to speak to a sergeant who will tell you what direction the case is heading.Just because you haven't been told what's happening doesn't mean something isn't being done about it.

The other problem is that scum like this is the fact that they aren't scared of the gardai, and they will take no notice of what the gardai say.

I personally think that parenting in this day and age is to blame, it has gone so pc, and people are afraid to discipline their kids, for fear of being branded as child abusers, that they let their kids run amok. This is what's causing this lack of respect for older generations.and also the lack of fear of being disciplined.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Ultra violence.

Only thing the ****ers understand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

chasm may I suggest you repost this on a forum better equipped for the task in hand - try PI or Accomodation/Property

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=38

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

OP, you get some balaclavas, I'll get a white van, and meet me under the bridge tonight after dark.

A little trip up the mountains at night time and some politely worded warnings about causing grief in the area oughta sort the little basturds out!

Vigilante justice ftw!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Get some CCTV cameras and get evidence of everything they do to you, then try and get some charges pressed.

Alternatively, move out.

Or as a last resort, get the biggest guy you know to go out and threaten them/give them a beating. They're scumbags, it's scumbag mentality and it's probably the only thing that they'll understand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Sawn-off shotgun at close range ftw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I assume you have some male friends? Get 4 or 5 of them to pull up in front of these lads in an unmarked van and beat the living **** out of them.. I assume they terrorise quite a few people? If so, they won't have an idea who got it done.

The things you learn being brought up in Dundalk :)

I would suggest bringing them out to the middle of no where and letting them make their own way home too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭BIG-SLICK-POKER

chasm wrote: »
    Last October i posted on here about little sh*tes putting fireworks through my letterbox and throwing them at me also. Whereas some people felt that it was harmless fun and part and parcel of the hallowe'en period, others were of the same opinions as me that they were generally little sh*tes who could do with a taste of their own medicine.

Unfortunately this anti-social behaviour has not let up, their usual trick is to kick the sh*te outta my front door in the early hours of the morning, two weeks ago they threw large stones(1 was about 4 inches x2) and half consumed beer cans at my windows and roof, causing a small bit of damage. Then last friday they destroyed the walls and fences of 2 of my neighbours houses with grafitti.

My 2 neighbours,who are both in their 60's are experiencing this behaviour also one had a vodka bottle thrown at his window and the laneway into the rear of our houses is covered in broken glass-i mean LOADS of it! One of the old guys told me he is terrified and was asking me what he should do.

Does anyone have any "Realistic" solutions to put an end to this, before i lose my temper some night and land myself in prison!
    Asking for a transfer is an option i have considered but i have put so much work into my house that i would prefer to other options first.

Sorry for the rant but im both scared and angry.

The only realistic way is target this head on.. Guards are useless in this situation ... I guarantee u turn at one of there houses while there parents are there call in and show aggression on the situation ..

Where are u based ? I would not let these little ****s ruin ur life as they must be reacting to ur reaction .. It aint a joke its anti social bullying at a level that only gets worse .

Neill K

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Holsten wrote: »
    Ultra violence.

Only thing the ****ers understand.

Yay violence! Not enough violence on the street these days...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Get your local councillor to earn his pay
    http://www.sinnfein.ie/representatives

Your local rep may know the very people you need

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭Ouijaboard

Chasm,

I sympatise with your situation, its very difficult to get the law/councils to do anything. They seem to want high-resolution video evidence before you even get an acknowledgment that a problem exists. First try to get some cameras in to at least document the problem, also every time you ring the guards make a note of it, time, date, reason for call etc. if you have to ask who you are speaking to then do so. If you are in local authority housing keep forwarding all of this data to the council or whoever is responsible for the maintenance of the area where you live.

I also find that people suggest far too often to get a group of people together to 'sort em out'. Its great if you can do that but far too often people dont want to get involved even if the are on the receiving end aswell, most will complain but when push comes to shove they dont want to go down that line.

If you do go down that line you are better off getting some close relatives/friends that you can trust to follow through on it. Usually all you will need are 3 or 4 blokes to give the culprits a couple of punches but you must remain anonymous while carrying it out. If you need to do it again after then target their parents and threaten them. Feck pc etc, life is too short to worry about whether these kids had a poor upbringing or not, in the meantime your mental health is taking a battering. The only real alternative is to move out of the area and that sort of thing can be a much bigger effort than people give credit.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

OP, go to your local station and demand to speak to the Super. Tell him that this has gotten out of hand and that when a law abiding citizen rings the gardai with a complaint about hooligans they should really sort it out.

If you were doing what they were doing I'm sure the gardai would arrest you!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭chasm

Pighead wrote: »
    Sometimes in these cases its very easy to point the finger of accusation in th edirection of the "scumbags" or kids as they were called in Pigheads day.

Perhaps you have done something to annoy these misunderstood children. Are we getting the whole story here? Reminds Pighead of the time his sister came home crying saying a fella had smacked her arse so hard it was redraw. Pighead found the guy, grabbed him by the scruff of his neck and give him the trashing of a lifetime.

It was only later that Pighead found out the fella was her boyfriend and he only smacked her arse because she had kicked him in the goolies. On reflection, Pighead was wrong to jump in and administer said thrashing.
    Perhaps you're wrong too?

Sorry pighead, but no i havent done anything to these guys to warrant this behaviour, as far as i know neither have my neighbours. We just have the misfortune to live in a section of the estate where the street lighting doesnt work, so its very appealing to them as they have less chance of being identified.

ZABBO :Yes, i have reported the attacks.

FOINSE : These guys 16 and 17 years old. Im phoned the guards today, and they said the guys who took the call will not be available until saturday. When i asked if they logged anything on the computer i was told he had a lot of prisoners in the station at the moment so im too busy to check the computer.
    Surely to take a case they would need a statement from me? Im with you on the parenting thing.

BIG-SLICK-POKER : Im based in Leitrim(I know I know!!)
    Obviously spray paint hasnt reached this neck of the woods as they left 2 big pots of paint behind them!!

Thanks for all the replies so far Guys.
    MIKE65- Could you please move this for me? Pretty Please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

MIKE65- Could you please move this for me?

Not in my power, PM an After Hours mod.

Mike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

chasm,

one thing you can do in order to get it logged is to call 911 isntead of the local station. At least tit is logged and they have to reply to it.

If you hear banging on doors and windows you can always say that you think someone is going to break into the house that very moment. This is not far off the truth as you don't know what excatly these guys want/are up to.

This was recommended to me by some gardai I know. I was in a similar situation some years back.

Also, get involved in your local Neighbourhood Watch Scheme (you will find that you are not the only one suffering in your area which is a help) and if there isn't one in your area maybe find some interested neighbours and set one up (there is information on setting these up available on the garda websites as far as I know). At the very least it will give you a feeling of actively doing something instead of that passive feeling of having "to take verything" these guys do to you and your home. The communciation should also improve to your local gardai as a result.

Do youknow who your community gardai are? If not, find out and also talk to them. It can be more useful talking to them directly as they know your area and the people better.

Best of luck!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭b0bsquish

These young wippersnappers need some structure, maybe some sports would help them out? Take them out to the nearest empty area ya have, and teach these young 'uns the joy of hurling. :D

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,927 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

b0bsquish wrote: »
    These young wippersnappers need some structure, maybe some sports would help them out? Take them out to the nearest empty area ya have, and teach these young 'uns the joy of hurling. :D

Yeah, and it'd be even more fun if you're the only one with the hurley. Or you could rent out your local GAA hall for an hour or so, and teach them to play some Jai Alai (as demonstrated HERE )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

I think the CCTV would be a good idea.

You can pick up a cheap wireless mini cam on eBay that will record onto your hard drive. You can have it set to motion detection. That should be enough to get a serious reaction out of the parents/Guards.

Bangers in your letterbox? Leave a basin of water underneath the letterbox if you have a low one. Or if you have one of them double sided letter boxes you could use a simple bolt lock on inner box for use during night time.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Clytus

Did anyone catch that peice on SKY News where they showed a device that emits a high frequency noise that is 100% effective at moving on kids from the front of shop areas. Its being used in a number of places in the UK. The frequency targets youths in the 16-25 age group,but is very much less effective on older people.

I always found that if I whipped out my mobile and took a picture it forced the kids to run.

I got this picture of a guy who I saw stealing a GPS...he saw me taking his photo and legged it. I forwarded the pic to the gardai and he was later arrested and prosecuted. I have another picture of him holding the GPS but I wont post it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

You miserable bastard.
    A poor hunchback trying to make his way the best he can in a harsh world...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭'Ol Jack Chance

the solution to your problem is simple. lets see them act the bolix when your rolling round the place in a T55
    http://www.tanksforsale.co.uk/T55%20Tanks%20for%20sale_page.htm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭4Xcut

Fcuk a petrol bomb at them:D

either that or get a visious dog and let him loose. Might i suggest 12 german shepards.

Have these animals battered half to death. End of.

Oh and note the number of every guard you deal with and start reporting the ones who aren't doing their job properly. I know their stretched but this isn't vandolism when they throw bangers in your letter box. They're throwing explosives into your house ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

I said it in the PI thread and it got removed.
    Go to your local Sinn Fein counil offices. I have heard that working a few times to be honest!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

chuck norris is the answer.

but he's probably not available, so go to your local sinn fein office. they've been known to sort this type of situation before. just tell them you'll vote for them next time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Can you not call the cops and tell them that unless they turn up soon your taking matters into your own hands ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭'Ol Jack Chance

soviet tank ftw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭Ouijaboard

Can you not call the cops and tell them that unless they turn up soon your taking matters into your own hands ?

Wasn't there a story in england some months back about a guy who was so sick of break-ins and antisocial behavior at his house.
    On one particular night he was awakened by noise from his garden shed and saw 3 'kids' removing drills and various other bits and rummaging around in there.
    He phoned the local station gave them a description of the culprits and asked if they could send someone out. He was told that it would be 2hrs before they got a car out to him. To this he replied 'don't bother'.

He put the phone down, waited calmly for 30 secs and rang again and told the desk monkey that the problem was sorted now no thanks to them. When he was asked how did he mean 'sorted', he replied that went down with his shotgun and just shot 2 of them and the other one got away. Then he hung up. Within about 8 mins there was 2 squads and ambulance pulling up at his house and a police helicopter above his house. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

OP, you should get the street lighting fixed, there should be a reference number on the poll, afaik you ring the ESB to sort it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Mr_Roger_Bongos

I think we should take a leaf from the japanese school of thinking on "little scumbags" -

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Kemos wrote: »
    Time to take the law into your own hands I think, dish out some street justice

Beat the living **** into at least one of them if you can so he can tell his home boys not to **** with you or you will **** on their heads.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,355 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

foinse wrote: »
    This may already have gone to be dealt with by the juvenile liason officer, I would suggest you call your local station and ask to speak to a sergeant who will tell you what direction the case is heading.Just because you haven't been told what's happening doesn't mean something isn't being done about it.
    Worth contacting, indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

You could pick them off OP, one by one ;). Bring back the viggies :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GerryRyan

Going to go with the sensible options here :

Make a log of every call you've made to the Garda and their responses (good/bad/indifferent) - take it as far as the Ombudsman if need be.

Do you have a neighborhood watch or committee? - power in numbers etc
    Local papers, radio stations, councillors - all should be contacted.

You said they were bragging about it on bebo? Post up the profile for us ...
    @ mods: it's public domain if their not on private btw

Keep a log of the ****e talk on bebo, and make a record (written/visual) of what's going on.

Fight fire with fire - and get someone older to have a word - and/or threaten them. Not extreme given the circumstances.

You never said what area you're based in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭chasm

zAbbo wrote: »
    OP, you should get the street lighting fixed, there should be a reference number on the poll, afaik you ring the ESB to sort it.

Its been reported to the ESB and the council since 2005. Ive written no end of letters to the council about it as it is not just 1 light, I live in a row of 4 houses there are another 4 across the green from me and about 8 houses to the left of the green and we are all in darkness, the 6 houses in the block where i live have no lighting to the rear either, so we are in total darkness.

Supposedly loads of cabling and lampstands need replacement, but like 3 years and im we are still waiting. I have told the council that i feel the lack of lighting is adding to this ASB, but they dont care do they, sure if its happening to me it means its not happening to them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Clytus wrote: »
    Did anyone catch that peice on SKY News where they showed a device that emits a high frequency noise that is 100% effective at moving on kids from the front of shop areas. Its being used in a number of places in the UK. The frequency targets youths in the 16-25 age group,but is very much less effective on older people.

I always found that if I whipped out my mobile and took a picture it forced the kids to run.

I got this picture of a guy who I saw stealing a GPS...he saw me taking his photo and legged it. I forwarded the pic to the gardai and he was later arrested and prosecuted. I have another picture of him holding the GPS but I wont post it.

Where was that taken?they look a bit hairy to be kids..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

get water baloons , scumbags are allergic to water

• Advertisement
Advertisement