Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LITTLE SCUMBAGS-What can you do?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

or buy a broken honda civic, put a decent stereo in it in full show and park it somewhere away from you, rig explosives to it, when anto, deco or bazo tries to rob it, car explodes and thats about 200 euro to get 1-3 scumbags off the streets

or go have a talk with their parents, by talk of course i mean nail bomb their houses, theyll get the picture pretty quick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Preusse wrote: »
    chasm,

one thing you can do in order to get it logged is to call 911 isntead of the local station.

:D Maybe they'll send the LAPD around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭homeOwner

chasm wrote: »
    We just have the misfortune to live in a section of the estate where the street lighting doesnt work, so its very appealing to them as they have less chance of being identified.

First thing to do is get onto the local county council to fix the street lighting. Write to them, call them, get your local TD involved. TDs love this kinds of thing because its something they can actually do something about. Keep hassling them until they fix it. Write to the local paper, they might be interested in a story where lack of action by council in fixing lights is causing a rise in street crime and has you living in fear. Get one of those motion sensors on the outside of the house which will activate when anyone approaches.

As other people have said keep a record of all dealings with the police and report lack of action to ombudsman. These are 16 and 17 year olds, they are not minors.

Since you are a woman living on your own I would advise against approaching the teens on your own. If you know where they live call to their house but be prepared for a poor reaction, its not for nothing these kids are behaving like thugs. The other worry is that if they know you are "causing problems" for them they might increase their hostility towards you.

Or move, its not pleasant but its not worth the hassle of being targeted by the local kids and causing you worry.

Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭dodgyme

ok I think you should go the route of recording everything etc and reporting the incidents as they happen officially

Then if you have brothers or someone you know that can target the chaps. Pick one of them (the one you think may be the controller of the group, remember they act like a pack of wolves and are very cowardly on their own) and arrange for a dark night and a few slaps.

They must never know who gave them the beating. Leave them guessing and get the guys to wear balaclavas and not to speak apart maybe from one sentence to prove it is not a random. Like "you know you need to behalf yourself from now on"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

cougar1 wrote: »
    If you do go down that line you are better off getting some close relatives/friends that you can trust to follow through on it. Usually all you will need are 3 or 4 blokes to give the culprits a couple of punches but you must remain anonymous while carrying it out. If you need to do it again after then target their parents and threaten them.
    Under no circumstances follow this batshit insane advice, or any other advice advocating violence or taking the law into your own hands. You'll get in much more trouble than them.

I'd echo what homeowner has said, (good post) and others have said, and get a camera on them and record evidence. Even lean out the window with a standard digicam when they come calling, and record them.

We had a similar problem in my area for a while, a few empty houses were attracting them. The guards had to be called a few times, but they got them in the end. If you need to call in person to the Garda station, do so.

A very important point is that many of these sorts are living in council houses; if the council gets wind of antisocial behaviour they can and will be evicted in a hurry. Mammy and daddy might not care that junior is tormenting the neighbours, but they'll sit up and take notice if they are going to be turfed out on the street.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

find out who their parents are and take it to their home. start getting up at all hours of the night and smash their windows etc. see how they like it. if the guards are so slow to respond you should have no problem getting it done.

or else wait in a bush with a bat and give the biggest one of the lot a good seeing to!!!!!

FIGHT FIRE WITH FIRE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

I see your not getting the answers you want this time around, while i would suggest violence but i think you are against that.

contact the media... the Sun or whoever because those papers love anything that shows the goverment in a bad light.

also i want you to go to your local gardai station and get one or more gardai to sign a form you write, where there acknowledge that you have filed complaints.

I know what your going though my family, myself and my mom went though it years ago and it only stopped when those in question grew up and got new hobbies (to this day i still hope it was herion and they died in a ditch somewhere)

Anyway if neither the gardai or the news paper or your local politation does anything to help thats it. You have done everything, also once you have all 3 of the above sign letters that they recieved your complaint then you can take actions into your own hands because you will have tried every avenue so if you are brought to court over it you have evidence they you gave this goverment every chance to protect you, they failed so you protected yourself simle as. The law does not matter its simple fact. you pay texes, you should be protected, the goverment is at fault for not protecting you, any action you take to correct a fault in the goverment is ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭LouOB

Pellet Gun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭Ouijaboard

Under no circumstances follow this batshit insane advice, or any other advice advocating violence or taking the law into your own hands. You'll get in much more trouble than them.

I'd echo what homeowner has said, (good post) and others have said, and get a camera on them and record evidence. Even lean out the window with a standard digicam when they come calling, and record them.

We had a similar problem in my area for a while, a few empty houses were attracting them. The guards had to be called a few times, but they got them in the end. If you need to call in person to the Garda station, do so.

A very important point is that many of these sorts are living in council houses; if the council gets wind of antisocial behaviour they can and will be evicted in a hurry. Mammy and daddy might not care that junior is tormenting the neighbours, but they'll sit up and take notice if they are going to be turfed out on the street.

SimpleSam06 I think you'll find that I did suggest getting cctv in and to document everything. I also suggested fighting fire with fire if necessary, while remaining anonymous. I'm not advocating somebody going out and getting potentially stabbed to death for dealing with some arseholes. Nevertheless the problem has to be taken seriously.

Judging by your post I also believe you live in some dreamland where antisocial behaviour isnt really a big problem and the law is enforced and respected. That isnt the real world, I beat my head against a brick wall for 5 years dealing with the authorities trying to make a safe environment for my 75 year old mum and dad to live in. Guess what it didnt work! The OP meantioned the streetlight issue. It took 2 years to get the council to get on to the esb to replace 18 broken streetlights in my area. Guess what within 6 weeks the were all broken again. I threatened to take the council to court on a number of occasions to try to get them to stop neglecting the area.

Anyway to cut a long story short it was only after me, my brother, brother in law and a few other mates (all rugby players/weightlifters etc) started arriving on the doorsteps of these cretins did the issue stop. Yes the people we were dealing with have family members who had convictions for murder so they where not your average cowardly scumbags. It was made clear to them that they would have to deal with a bloody family feud if things continued as they were and that they were better off just staying the f**k away from our house. We didnt remain anonymous. They backed off, their kids backed off and we havent had so much as a pin drop outside my ould pairs house in 2yrs. Yes the estate is still a ****hole but the problem is not near my family anymore, others have to deal with them. laws dont exist presently for antisocial behaviour, ASBO, blah, its a f**king buzzword that sound good on tv.

rant over.

OP threaten the council with LEGAL action, you might get something done. I also echo the comments about getting onto the guarda ombudsman if they are not pulling their weight. Document everything because you will need it all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Stop advocating violence.

OP, got a link to the bebo page?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,711 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Wag finger and frown disapprovingly. Job done.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Knock up to their house, and ask for his oul fella, drag him out of his house and knock him out.

Ross_Mahon wrote: »
    Knock up to their house, and ask for his oul fella, drag him out of his house and knock him out.
    This is the last time I will say this.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Four-Too

This is life....you could be living in Gaza or somewhere, where Israeli soldiers bomb on you and kill people every week.
    These people will continue their behaviour and get complacent and soon they will run into the wrong guy, mess with the wrong people, and they will be reduced to tears

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Plant these little fellas, that will sort em out good and proper.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Violet_(plant)

I had better be quiet now, Terry might ban me for advocating Violets.

• Advertisement

Well i dont think a ban for suggesting violence is the way to go. If your goverment is not doing anything to protect you and your property it indicates a flaw in the system and it is well known that violence draws attention. Im not suggesting you kill them and there is no reason you should have to take money out of your own pocket to hire someone to deal with them, thats what taxes, ie the gardai are for, and when they dont/wont help i stick by my orginal suggestion, contact the media and your local goverment... or perhaps this as an idea.

Go to the gardai website, get a e-mail address and title the mail

"Please escelate this matter to your supieror'
    *CC A Tabloid, a respectible paper and your local TD or other goverment offical*

Then explain the situtation.

If the goverment, the gardai and the media will not help you then what should you do? Does anyone know what you can do when your goverment and police force will not protect you? i mean if not violence then how else do you resolve it?

the only reason we know about 1/2 the horrible crimes commited in the world is due to violence bringing the worlds attention to things.

User45701 wrote: »
    Well i dont think a ban for suggesting violence is the way to go. If your goverment is not doing anything to protect you and your property it indicates a flaw in the system and it is well known that violence draws attention.
    Indeed violence does draw attention, and its the kind that gets you a few months with hardened criminals to teach you the meaning of the word. I don't especially want to live in a society where the law is the local vigilante gang, nor do I want my children to live in such a society.

If you advocate violence you're stepping over into their territory, and I guarantee they are much better at it than you, regardless of the number of walter mittys flailing around the place.

Work within the system or you're part of the problem, every bit as much as they are.
    Go to the gardai website, get a e-mail address and title the mail

"Please escelate this matter to your supieror'
    *CC A Tabloid, a respectible paper and your local TD or other goverment offical*
    And turn on the spellchecker before you do, for the love of god. The only violence being done here is to the English language.

And turn on the spellchecker before you do, for the love of god. The only violence being done here is to the English language.

Ye i just re-installed windows there didnt turn on spell checker yet..

But if what you said is all you have to say to my suggewstion does that mean it was right?>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭chasm

Terry wrote: »

OP, got a link to the bebo page?

I was going to post up the link but if they were to get wind of it they might lock their pages, which means i cant prepare myself when they are planning a session up in my estate. Also i'd especially be afraid of any comeback from it, despite the fact that part of me wants everyone to see what scum they are.

Thanks to everyone for all the replies, i really do appreciate them. I will contact alot of the people suggested on here, apart from maybe chuck norris!

But if what you said is all you have to say to my suggewstion does that mean it was right?>
    Why not, email whoever you think will make a difference. A written letter by registered post might be more effective though.

• Advertisement

Well i dont think a ban for suggesting violence is the way to go.
    We don't want people looking at this site and thinking we're all a bunch of mndless thugs. That's why I have requested people not suggest using violence.

I was going to post up the link but if they were to get wind of it they might lock their pages, which means i cant prepare myself when they are planning a session up in my estate. Also i'd especially be afraid of any comeback from it, despite the fact that part of me wants everyone to see what scum they are.

That's fair enough.

Can you PM the link to me, please?
    It's just that I'm really nosy curious.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Clytus

Degsy wrote: »
    Where was that taken?they look a bit hairy to be kids..

I stopped at a shop on Blackhorse ave going into town one afternoon. The lads sitting on the wall had nothing to do with it...but obviousley saw what happened. I contacted the gardai and when I forwarded the pictures I had one of the old bill recognised his face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭pontovic

We aren't a bunch of mindless thugs. I think if someone threatens you and bullies you and attacks your property then it's only proper order they are taken care of. If the police won't do it then the people have to. Tell me, is this kind of stuff a recent phenomenon or has it been going on for years? When I was a teenager in Ireland I think the worst we would do was drink on the beach and smoke cigarettes down laneways on the sly, but we never kept up a prolonged attack on people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

IF these kids are living in a corporation flat,house make a formal complaint ,naming them ,re antisocial behavior .Kids are not afraid of the gardai, as they know they are unlikely to be charged or arrested ,unless they are caught robbing a car or something.THESE morons tend to pick on the weak ,ie single women,or old people.BUY a cheap video camera .point it at the front of the house, go to corporation with a tape,evidence. GO to your local labour td for advice.PLUG CAMERA INTO A VCR ,LEAVE IT ON LP,LONG PLAY RECORD ,8hours on 1 tape.UNfortunately,this will continue on indefinitely ,unless you take some action.THERES alot of kids running wild till 11pm,or later, thier parents neither know nor care ,what they do,they have no role models,when your parents are heavy drinkers or smoke hash, the kids will tend to turn towards petty crime or antisocial behavior.Theres a whole underclass out there with no idea of civilised behavior ,their lifestyle borders on anarchy ,and the spread of cheap/drink drugs doesnt help the situation.IF 1 family is causing a lot of trouble to neighbours they will be evicted.Sometimes People would go to sinn fein for help, just to warn the gurriers off before the situation escalates, or maybe thats just a myth.

Terry wrote: »
    We don't want people looking at this site and thinking we're all a bunch of mndless thugs. That's why I have requested people not suggest using violence.

Not trying yo argue with you terry but i would be very suprised if there where even 15 boards users who are "scumbags" in the true sense, i mean im sure there are some bad people, perhaps a few users who have attacked others and stolen before but i mean scumbags like those the OP describes. I consider them to be a sub-species, they do nothing to benefit our sociey and are nothing but a drain on recources.

The users of boards are far from mindless or thugs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,927 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Kemos wrote: »
    Time to take the law into your own hands I think, dish out some street justice

A last, last resort. CCTV is the next logical step. When you catch them you can take the cost of the Security system out of the formal charges.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭chasm

GAMER : Unfortunately most of these guys dont live in council houses afaik, in fact alot of them dont even live it the estate, as i had looked this up as i myself as a council tenant had to sign their ASB policy form when i got this house.

As regards cctv, i did have a camera installed in the window of one of my rooms, but i took it down as once it got dark you could see absolutely nothing on the film because of the lack of working street lights, and these youths arent stupid-they wait till dark.

you could see absolutely nothing on the film because of the lack of working street lights, and these youths arent stupid-they wait till dark.
    Motion activated security lights so...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭Ouijaboard

Chasm, the camera issue is a difficult one, as sam suggested get some MA security lights. The problem about getting this hassle recorded properly is that its going to cost money. For quality camera equipment the price rises sharply as quality is factored into the equation. Try to get a CCD based lens camera as opposed to a CMOS lens cam as CCD seems to be better at recording a little clearer in low light (less grainy) also get a cam that works in 0 Lux or 0.5 Lux etc, it will probably be loaded with infra-red bulbs that help to illuminate the area its recording without external light. Have a look on ebay, theres a hell of a lot of crap on there but on occasions theres a few gems that are worth picking up in the home security section.

Another thing with reference to your area is if ye have any RAPID or CLAR or other urban development groups they may be worth contacting to see if they will assist the council in preventing these little scumbags having as much leeway as they are getting. For instance, it took a while, but close to my area they helped install Floodlights to assist when the other streetlights 'went down'. These are very helpful as they are on greased poles 50ft in the air and basically cant be vandalised. Also they helped to block off (wall/gate) so many areas that were 'too convienient' for antisocial behaviour, such as alleyways and laneways. There are now less places to hide in the whole estate so not as easy for the buggers to get away.

In your case what will probably happen is once the hit 18 or so they will start to calm down a little (hopefully). As someone suggested earlier hope the die of a heroin overdose or so. The trouble is then you have the next crop of 10-12 year olds to deal with for the next 6-8 years.
    Its really a shame when areas that where once nice and peaceful have been blighted by this sort of behaviour growing at an exponential rate over the past decade or so. The government are not doing nearly enough to tackle the issue. My town would've been described as 'quaint' 10 yrs ago, now every weekend its full of dodgy characters in hoods hanging around the streets, as are adjacent towns. My Sister lived in New York during the early 90s. Its amazing what zero-tolerence and a 'broken window policy' can do to clean up an area, so it can be done, it just has to be taken seriously by politicians before the changes are seen.

Anyway hope you get some of the problem alleviated.

Overheal wrote: »
    A last, last resort. CCTV is the next logical step. When you catch them you can take the cost of the Security system out of the formal charges.

No thats madness. This person pays taxes and now she should shell out more of her own money and her own free time to protect herself? so say the CCTV does catch them doing something illigal?

1. Do you think with our legal system will imprison them?
    2. Do you think our courts will pay her money compo for what she had to spend on the CCTV
    3. Do you think our legal system will set up a enquiery to see why she had to deal with this herself.
    4. Do you think these primtives after there slap on the wrist wont smah her windows or worse?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭robz150

you could see absolutely nothing on the film because of the lack of working street lights, and these youths arent stupid-they wait till dark.

For a start you need to get the relevent people to fix the streetlights and relentlessly pursue them until fixed, it someones job to fix the streetlights make sure they do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Just had a gang of 20 teenagers throwing rocks and bottles at my car and my neighbours cars and house windows.

I cant comprehend the feral minds of these scumbags. What sort of mind thinks it is fun to smash car windows.

It is an ongoing problem in this area. The estate beside is (Scumheath) is the cause of all our problems. It is unbelieveable what we have to put up with. I would dearly love to get my hands on one of them and I would gladly squeeze the life out of them..

I cant WAIT to get out of this area. I really hope that I can sell my house. I will end up doing time if I have to life here much longer.

gazzer wrote: »
    Just had a gang of 20 teenagers throwing rocks and bottles at my car and my neighbours cars and house windows.

I cant comprehend the feral minds of these scumbags. What sort of mind thinks it is fun to smash car windows.

It is an ongoing problem in this area. The estate beside is (Scumheath) is the cause of all our problems. It is unbelieveable what we have to put up with. I would dearly love to get my hands on one of them and I would gladly squeeze the life out of them..

I cant WAIT to get out of this area. I really hope that I can sell my house. I will end up doing time if I have to life here much longer.
    Many years ago there used to be a chip van that parked at the end of my estate.
    Myself and a friend were there one night getting the beer soaker upper and a fire truck, three squad cars and an unmarked car drove by.
    We went to see what was going on and it turned out someone had set fire to a car in someone's driveway.

On our way back (after deciding to split when the neighbours gave us filthy looks) we were stopped by a detective.

He asked us what we had been doing, checked our hands for the smell of petrol and then the usual questiopns.

I said that we had been standing at the chip van, turned to point at it and it was gone.

It was funny at the time. It's slighlty funny now because I'm drunk and rambling.

Advertisement