Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone using rollers?

Options
  • 18-02-2008 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭

Anyone using rollers for indoor training? I'm using the ones which lock to your back fork and only resist your back wheel. Forgot how tough they are!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

TelePaul wrote: »
    Anyone using rollers for indoor training? I'm using the ones which lock to your back fork and only resist your back wheel. Forgot how tough they are!

sounds more like a turbo trainer. I didn't think rollers locked the wheels.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

Raam wrote: »
    sounds more like a turbo trainer. I didn't think rollers locked the wheels.

I'm using the term generically, I'm sure. In fact i didn't even know the basic-frame rollers existed until I googled the term. Let me clarify, I mean this:

264p1s5.jpg

Not this....

dca52h.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

gotcha. The bro' is using a TT at the moment. He can't get out much what with the kids. He seems to think it is good. He's got one that you can hook up to your PC/Monitor so you can race some computer generated chappy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

Raam wrote: »
    gotcha. The bro' is using a TT at the moment. He can't get out much what with the kids. He seems to think it is good. He's got one that you can hook up to your PC/Monitor so you can race some computer generated chappy.

Yeah I've seen those! Look fairly entertaining, it helps to take your mind off things. I find it way tougher than the 'real' thing though I'm not entirely sure why.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

I've been using one over the winter. It's great when the weather is bad, the days or short and I don't have enough time to get out for a proper spin. It's harder than the road since there are no downhills - you're going the whole time. It helps keep things interesting if you follow a program - rather than going at the same pace for an hour.

• Advertisement
Advertisement