Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Squirrelmail

Options
  • 18-02-2008 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Is anyone else having trouble getting into Squirrelmail lately or is it just me? I am not in DIT much as I am doing a course by research so access the email from home. The page isnt opening though, it just times out without connecting

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Could be coz their chaging over to a new system for tomorow! http://mydit.dit.ie I think is the URL, finally they'll hopefully sort it out :)

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 26,575 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

lately? been like this since september at the very least, i for one shall not be sad to see the squirrel getting shot in the head.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

AFAIK, it's just mydit.ie

And it's live!

feylya wrote: »
    AFAIK, it's just mydit.ie

And it's live!
    can you log in?

i've tried my student number cXXXXXXXX and DDMMYYY.

I can. Did you get an email on Squirrelmail saying you'd be upgraded?

• Advertisement

i can't log into squirrelmail lol to check.

*EDIT* correction it won't let me log in to check.

This is the mail I got:
    Dear Student,

DIT Student email is changing next Tuesday, 19 February 2008 from 9am. In the meantime, you can continue to use your current Squirrelmail account until 10pm on Monday 18th but from Tuesday morning you should follow these instructions:

To login go to http://mydit.ie

Username: Student ID

Password: Date of Birth as it appears on your Student Card (once you have logged in to your new account you can set your own password).

From Tuesday, all new email will be delivered to your new account inside the mydit.ie Portal and your old email will also be available to you in the new location.

Further details and user guides will be available at http://mydit.ie

We anticipate that the new email system will provide you with a much enhanced service.

DIT Information Services

14 – Feb - 08

http://dit.ie/is

It went to all students.

Now, I just hope I can attach this new mailbox to my GMail account.

talk about conflicting info...

the mail says to enter the DOB as it appears on your card for me that means include the forward slashes, yet mydit.ie tells me to omit them.

ahh well it's not like i need to get to my mail like i needed to the whole of last decemeber.

This account has been suspended temporarily for security reasons. Please contact your system administrator regarding the status of your account.

[error: account disabled]

Wonderful :P

Nick

I'm also blocked now from the my password site for trying to change it :rolleyes:, Can DIT do anything right, I tryed it in 18/02/2008 and 02082008 formats neither worked...

Nick

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭buckfast4me

Thats cos
    DIT Student email is changing next Tuesday, 19 February 2008 from 9am. In the meantime, you can continue to use your current Squirrelmail account until 10pm on Monday 18th but from Tuesday morning you should follow these instructions:

It logged my m8 in fine...

Nick

Edit: Managed to change password... Still cant log in to the thing lol

oh I am logged in now too.. its very cool lookin, like the control panel of a high-tech spaceship. "Luminis Platform" hahaha. Warp speed captain! ahh no well done DIT, finally got something right.

If I could only login :mad:, I musta done something wrong lol, think I used password in 18022008 format 3 times and I'm locked out now :o

Nick

ah I dunno its probably just they are migrating over groups of people at a time, maybe course by course. doing 20000 students at once would crash the system. I couldnt login at around 6 today but can now so maybe try again tomorrow

ah I dunno its probably just they are migrating over groups of people at a time, maybe course by course. doing 20000 students at once would crash the system. I couldnt login at around 6 today but can now so maybe try again tomorrow
    Nah man it says accounts disabled, also managed to change pass so I'm obviously on there, I managed to screw it up somehow :o

Nick

got into it there, dislike the way the inbox opens in a new menu, but hey at least it fecking works.

changing password doesn't work yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Mah e-mails are gone!!!!:eek::eek::eek:
    Clean looking UI mind you...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

Naikon wrote: »

Your emails should be there but in a separate folder - you basically have two inboxes, one for the old mails and one for the new mails.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭experiMental

Naikon wrote: »

my e-mails are gone too. The UI could be a lot better though. Nothing is perfect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Doesn't support Opera, apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 pop40

your old inbox is still there you just have to click on mail then on the left there should be an old inbox tab. be sure and allow pop-ups or the next step wont work. a box will pop up asking for your old email password, then your old emails should be imported. i say its slow because everyone is trying the new system at once.
    also your email and the library (aungier st anyway) passwords are now linked so if you change one it affects the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

Anyone else getting this message when trying to access the old mails?

Warning:
    Couldn't authenticate to mail server.
    Could not expand 'DIT Old Email' because the system couldn't authenticate to the mail server. Please enter your password into the dialog box you see.
    Click here to reload the message list

Yup, I'm getting that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Anyone tried to change their password and get told it didn't meet the security criteria?
    The one I use in college is a complete random combination of lower and upper case letters and numbers, pretty sure every other system I've ever encountered has been happy with it's complexity, but apparently not DIT. Might type it twice. :rolleyes:

I'm not a huge fan of the new window for the inbox... I am liking the library page though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Cunning

just wondering if anyone knows what the pop server address is
    i used to use outlook to access squirrelmail on mail1.dit.ie

anyone know what the new one is. [if poss}
    cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

EF wrote: »
    Anyone else getting this message when trying to access the old mails?

Warning:
    Couldn't authenticate to mail server.
    Could not expand 'DIT Old Email' because the system couldn't authenticate to the mail server. Please enter your password into the dialog box you see.
    Click here to reload the message list

You need your old password to access your old email.

Am in now, messed up password hence getting locked out :D , Its much better than Squirrelmail, and for those having issiues with retriveing old mail, click on options, Retrive other emails and imput your squirrelmail password in there! You will see a options tab once you click the E-Mail button in the portals main page, then clicking old mail will log you in :)

Nick

Just make sure any pop up blocker is completely disabled! Now then, if I could hang it off Gmail and get my logins for the labs, I'd be happy :)

• Advertisement

how the hell do u change ur password? the "password manager" thing is rubbish! something about questions & answers noting about changing it :mad:

Advertisement