Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bebo-V-Facebook

• 18-02-2008 6:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

So which is it, Bebo or facebook? I prefer facebook although bebo is slowly morphing into facebook..

Bebo or facebook? 82 votes

Bebo
    0% 0 votes
    Facebook
    100% 82 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Facebook rocks!!! I am on bebo but i don't like it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

hate to admit it but im a bebo addict

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭buckfast4me

god I love them both so much I just cant decide..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

am on bebo wouldnt go near facebook, just for the reason that i dont want to waste anymore meaningless hours!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

happy 10th birthday boards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Not really into them that much but myspace > * except for all the spam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Lessdeth wrote: »
    happy 10th birthday boards.
    ahahahahahahahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

I like Lamp.

hahahaha:D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

i know people say Bebo is for kids and facebook is more for adults but i disagree bebo is excellent so user friendly and practically everyone i know young & old is on it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

I'm on myspace, bebo and facebook, they all have their own attributes.
    I think facebook suits all the applications better, if you see pages on bebo with lots of applications it just looks messy for some reason. Although I do love the skins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

I can't stand Facefook, never bother with it, too much crap on there. Bebo is simple for simple people like me.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,579 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Im a bebo whore!! But I also have facebook

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,838 ✭✭✭✭cormie

What the funk is up with the amount of ****e on facebook? I signed up thinking it would be a simple elegant thing with no crap, but you get a million application requests a day full of all sorts of meaningless tripe. Thing is, some friends have bebo, some myspace and some facebook, don't know why people don't just use MSN!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,168 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I say neither, though facebook is something I'm not so happy about. I've watched it grow and I don't like the politics of those behind it and the reasoning behind it. Major neocons that make george dubya and his bunch look like they're not even trying. What does it give us? Not a lot. It's at best a very slight addition to what we do anyway. What do we get in return? The "chance" to be picked apart and prodded for our consumer choices, with the ability of others to read any of our stuff. No thanks.

I googled for more info. Now people often don't like reading links but this is worth a look;

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2008/jan/14/facebook

And this is a Guardian writer.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

cormie wrote: »
    What the funk is up with the amount of ****e on facebook? I signed up thinking it would be a simple elegant thing with no crap, but you get a million application requests a day full of all sorts of meaningless tripe. Thing is, some friends have bebo, some myspace and some facebook, don't know why people don't just use MSN!

Some friends have msn, some friends have aim and some have google chat. Why don't people just use bebo. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 cobby*

cormie wrote: »

Actually have to agree with you there, things would be a lot easier if everyone just used msn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Wibbs wrote: »
    I say neither, though facebook is something I'm not so happy about. I've watched it grow and I don't like the politics of those behind it and the reasoning behind it. Major neocons that make george dubya and his bunch look like they're not even trying. What does it give us? Not a lot. It's at best a very slight addition to what we do anyway. What do we get in return? The "chance" to be picked apart and prodded for our consumer choices, with the ability of others to read any of our stuff. No thanks.

I googled for more info. Now people often don't like reading links but this is worth a look;

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2008/jan/14/facebook

And this is a Guardian writer.

I was just about to post that link myself! Partly funded by the CIA and they can look at your information whenever they want, and the site keeps copies of everything you put on it even after you delete it. They also make your info available to advertisers and the like so that they can figure out their target markets and that kind of crap.

It's an international marketing tool and information gathering service, scary $hit if you ask me!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,168 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

orestes wrote: »
    It's an international marketing tool and information gathering service, scary $hit if you ask me!
    That it is. I know major right on hippie types that are protesting about Shannon etc and yet are all happily swapping stuff on farcebook. Mad.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

Bebo, facebook has an amazing amount of ****e on it.

Bebo is simple, streamlined and easy.

Perfect

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,838 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Some friends have msn, some friends have aim and some have google chat. Why don't people just use bebo. :D

f**k it, let's just go back to pen and paper so :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

don't use any of them, they are all crap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

orestes wrote: »

Scary indeed.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj1YFbCVXq8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

*cough* BeerChief *cough* :p

I'm registered on all 3 of the big guns - myspace, facebook & bebo.

Myspace is ****e - simple as that. Facebook is becoming too cluttered and glittery/teeny and bebo is now turning in to myspace with all the apps and widgets and crap.

The problem all of these sites have is that they're effectviely owned by business men who demand profit. In order to make profit, you need to have ads and sell or use user information to gain profit.

The founders get greedy, try and milk the system and end up going OTT and driving users away. It won't happen overnight, it will be over months or years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Hardly any of my mates are on facebook so I never bother with it. Plus all the profiles are on private, no lurking? That's half the fun. ;)

I don't really use them a huge amount, only if I have some college work due!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

I'm on them all but don't use them much. Facebook is very messy, don't like it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭Mweelrea

Neither is good.
    Boards FTW!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

OMG, Facebook rocks the internet!!!!!! Bebo is ghey!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

surely it all depends on where most of your friends are. Facebook apps and invitations are really annoying mind you.

Facebook has arguably hotter women ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

myspace = for the music tbh

bebo has gone down a lot in my book with it's stupid applications that you have to add to your page even to take the quiz or use the application once to see if you like it.

bebo seems the most stable as well after it's rocky start.

Advertisement