Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bebo-V-Facebook

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

A-Trak wrote: »

Haha I love this stuff...yes Facebook is part of a Global conspiracy lol.
    Who cares if they know my favorite movies or birthday. The FBI or whoever your silly nutty friends think are after us have much more interesting ways of getting data about you. I can see it now 'the FBI Facebook surveillance department' lol ..

As for being spammed with loads of Applications well that would be your friends sending them to you. And Bebo has most of these applications now too.
    Facebook is a simple social networking website like Bebo but it's for an older user. Bebo for teens and facebook myspace for 20's +

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Beerlao

bebo, cos it's easier to perve, as most accounts are open without being a friend of someone :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Xhristy

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Xhristy wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.
    Damn right.

Though I use both. More of my non tech freinds are on bebo. But facebook is so nothing. I dunno...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

I'm signed up to both, used to be a bebo addict but don't use it much anymore. Bebo is much easier to use though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

Bebo for me. Deleted Facefook as the amount of carp on it got reeeaaaaly annoying. I also detest the bitty layout and general feel of facebook. Bebo may have a younger average user but imo it is a far better site. It does exactly what it says on the tin.

As for the bebo apps I am blocking every one of them. With a bit of luck they won't take off. If they do and it get's the same as facebook I'll delete that too, and retreat to email!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

I'm on all three, MySpace is great for the music even if no one listens to mine!

I don't use it a lot but Bebo is definitely the best!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Mr.S wrote: »
    MySpace is full of random people who just add you, its scary in a way. Though its good for music :)
    Ha I'm one of those people. I've got one song up, and it's not even a real song but it's an excuse to add anyrandombody! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭eoghan h

Bebo = facebook 6 months ago!

I prefer facebook but everyone irish is on bebo!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

I have both facebook and bebo, bebo gets a bit neglected these days though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭electric69

1 bebo
    2 myspace
    3 facebook

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

emo!! wrote: »
    am on bebo wouldnt go near facebook, just for the reason that i dont want to waste anymore meaningless hours!!

Ditto. ive never even seen what facebook looks like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Dark Seraphim

I haven't made a facebook account and i don't think i will be, i have had enought with bebo, like it was great for the first while but you can spend so much time on it, so now i use it the odd time to catch up with old pals and check my comments. i won't want two of these things to be updating, they change things all the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭kev_s88

Bebo Ftw!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭stratospheres

+ 1

Bebo is the clear front runner!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Featherl

I love Bebo.. I find Facebook too hard to understand..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

I <3 facebook, very rarely use bebo anymore

Advertisement