Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what think thee of this?

Options
  • 18-02-2008 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭

hi, just wondering what your opinions are of this:

http://www.segundamano.es/vi/10348488.htm?ca=28_s

good deal or no deal? ive already ordered a bike but this looks like a pretty good deal for a second run around. what you think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

Looks grand. Can't see the drivetrain clearly (deliberately - who knows?) but there isn't a mark on the frame. No disc mounts on the frame so you're stuck with v-brakes - might be OK in Spain. Not wildly different to the Canyon you've bought - depends what you want it for.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭avalanche

yeah it looks sweet, the main difference with the canyon is 500euro and disc brakes from what i can make out. it is tempting though. planning on doing a good bit of cycling once i get me wheels so i could make an excuse to have two sets as it were. who am i kidding though, no way i need two bikes but it does look good to me. you reckon its worth just picking this up and pocketing the cash difference on the canyon? its ordered but payment etc hasnt been confirmed yet or invoice issued.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

The Giant also has an 8-speed drivetrain.

Personally I'd just wait for the Canyon.

nice one morgan. thanks for the advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭littleknown

i dont know though. to me the giant looks lovely. its a bit old school alright must be ten years or so but the fella seems to have kept it up to date and still looks clean, the parts are good enough, i love that style plus its fairly light. i saw from your other text that you have ordered the canyon 6.0 which is really nice as well but as morgan says it depends what your after. there is the 500 euro or so to think about but the canyon has better forks and disk brakes. depends how much you use it for? if its only now and again id go with the giant and keep the money.... must have been great back in the day.:)

• Advertisement

nice one littleknown, i wish i could justify it plus the fella said he would let it go for 500 which seems pretty reasonable. going to send me on more pics later.it has a lovely retro look similar to the bikes i used to use which will give you an idea how long it has been since i hit the muddy trails. the main differences are the forks - this one has rock shox recon, whereas the other has reba. they both look pretty decent from the reviews but reba seems to do better. plus there are the brakes. this one has the old v brakes. when i used to do a good bit of biking there were no hydraulic brakes on offer so im not really sure of the advantages of them. does anyone know? are they now an essential piece of kit or are the v brakes still good enough?:D:D

Advertisement