Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Crazy Quote

Options
  • 18-02-2008 7:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭

Opinions from some in the know petrolheads needed.
    My mate just got a quote of €1750 from a hyundai dealer after having a bit of an accident on friday night. The damage done according to the garage is bent suspension, needs new wishbone, tyre and remove a dent over the panel where the wheel was damaged (he doesnt know why or care about it unless it stops the car going but the dealer insists it has to be done).

I regularly read on here that main dealers charge way over the top so just wanted to see what sort of responses id get on here. Or maybe someone could point him torwards a garage (raheny,Kilbarrack area) that might be a bit cheaper. Hyundai accent 2000.

Help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Guaranteed way to save money is cut out the middle man and get the parts himself. Then brings these where ever to get it done. I saved big money doing this. I went to a fella, he gave me the quote of 1500, i went off a sourced the parts myself, brought them back and he wanted 700 to do it.
    How bad

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

theres a crash repair place just off the Roundabout by the GAA club / Credit Union before you go into Darndale.

try there you might get a better quote, though TBH it sounds reasonable enough to me given parts that need replacing

Advertisement