Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardeaux vs. Dunbar Tues 19th Feb, 21:30, St.Columbas

• 18-02-2008 7:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭

Des mentioned last week that from now on the assumption is everyone will be at every game unless they tell him otherwise before the day of the match.

So, am posting a list assuming everyone will be there unless they opt-out.

Big game tomorrow, we need to raise it a level from the good improvement we showed last week.

Carl - Injured

Martin - 50/50
    Darran - Expected to be available for selection
    Ed - Injured
    Dan - Expected to be available for selection
    Michael - Can't make it
    Geoff - Expected to be available for selection
    Simon - Expected to be available for selection
    Cathal - Expected to be available for selection

Shay - Expected to be available for selection
    Colm Larkin -Injured
    Gav - Away
    Sav - away
    Larry - Expected to be available for selection
    Dave - Expected to be available for selection
    Darragh - Expected to be available for selection
    Kenny - Expected to be available for selection
    Lepo - Expected to be available for selection

Joe - Expected to be available for selection
    Jules – Expected to be available for selection
    Art - Expected to be available for selection
    Fran - work

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Carrying a bit of a knock sustained getting out of bed on Thursday. Tweaked a muscle in my thigh or something. Not sure if I'll be fit. Will see tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Carrying a bit of a knock sustained getting out of bed on Thursday. Tweaked a muscle in my thigh or something. Not sure if I'll be fit. Will see tomorrow

i assume this is a piss take?:eek:

anyway, this was supposed to be against coffn dodgers i thought, just checked the website and indeed, they have changed things around. tomorrow night will be my last game as im away for 5 weeks as of sunday. doubt ill be playing though, but i will be there. on the injured list im afraid.....needs about 6 weeks rest to be right for the start of next season.

I am actually injured but it was a subtle one. Bed/thursday/valentines day. Ah yer useless Ed :D

Seriously though, I strained my thigh which caused me to miss that match we won 6-0 before xmas again. Not so bad this time. Should be ok

lost 3-0 however, it was 1-0 going into the last 2 minutes and they got 2 goals in about 60 seconds to seal it. no doubt they were the better team. we had a great chance to equalise about 2 minutes before they scored, but it was our only chance of the game really, they had alot of chances. totally different team once again tonight from the last night. still, a decent performance against the best team in the league, the final scoreline was sickening to be honest.

thats me finished now lads, so best of luck in the last game and ye better end the season with 3 points to cement 4th place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Have to agree that the scoreline probably flattered us a little over 60 minutes. Especially after I insisted on taking and missing that penalty to keep the scores level ;)

• Advertisement

100% from everyone tonight lads. Can't fault that. They had a few excellent players that gave them an advantage over a makeshift side on our part. Dan, again, was excellent. Kenny tried his best even though nothing came off for him. Dave done some great tracking back to help me out in the first half. Ed kept us in it in goals. Everyone else gave 100%. Don't think anyone can be faulted. At this stage of the season there's no real point in nit picking. We can sort that out when we get a few friendlies going.

Also, Dan mentioned after the game that I was being negative in some of the things I said out there. I try always to spur lads on with a positive comment but sometimes I think it's necessary to give someone a bollocking. Do the same to me if I make a mistake. I've heard it all some I'm not gonna get offended. If we can just get more people out there talking, no matter what they're saying, then I'll be happy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Martin, pretty sure Dan was talking to Ed with that one.

Agree, can't fault the effort tonight, everyone gave all they had so no qualms with that. 3-0 was possibly harsh, though we would've been robbing them if we snatched a draw, particularly given our keeper (Ed tonight) was our best player.

We just found it hard to hold onto posession and build on it in the final 3rd. In other games that has been due to us not making the right decisions, but tonight it was down to them being a very solid side that put pressure on the ball in all areas of the pitch so we never had time to settle on it. Their 15 in centre midfield is easily the best player in this league and we never got him in check, the blondie fella up front was also an excellent player, the rest were solid footballers to a man but their real strength is they make it hard to play against them and then let those 2 players make the difference going forward - plenty for our squad to learn from that.

I think they're the best team in the league and deserve to win it, though it would've been interesting to play them with our best 11, though we'd need to be on top form to be pushing for a result.

Have to say though, the right full has easily the gayest prancing pony style throw-in I've ever seen, even Graham Norton would be embarassed with that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Sheesh I leave yiz alone for a coupla weeks and look what happens :eek:
    Ah no, not to worry, 2 tough games on paper anyways.

Whassup with the fixtures now??

Savman wrote: »
    Sheesh I leave yiz alone for a coupla weeks and look what happens :eek:
    Ah no, not to worry, 2 tough games on paper anyways.

Whassup with the fixtures now??

im keeper now sav....your center half when you come back, karl upfront :D:D:D

one game left against the dodgers, better be a 5-0 win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

im keeper now sav....
    The mystery of Boardeaux's dip in form....:eek::p:p

• Advertisement
Advertisement