Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cats. Those bloody cats!!!

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭lipo starter

firstly as far as i know, the spca no kill policy is if they can find a home for unwanted animals, they get so many kittens (some have diseases)that they do not have room for them, therefore they are humanely put to sleep. Also, if the cats are feral, the dspca do not come out or lend a trap, they only attend if its an injured cat, and by that i mean badly injured, not sick with cat flu, they dont see that as a problem.. If you do trap a feral cat and bring it to them, they will humanely put it to sleep. the idea of one person here on the thread, i cant remember who it was, to trap the cats using a pest control company, release them up the mountains..crazy! even if they are feral cats, they have been used to scavenging food in built up areas..easy access, bringin them to the mountains means they will more than likely starve or end up fighting for food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭EIN

ooter wrote: »
    i also have a problem with Cats.
    i moved in to a House 6 Months ago.we have 2 Dogs so the Problem is not that they are getting in to the Garden cos they wouldn't Dare.the problem is that they are Walking along our Back Wall in the Middle of the Night and my 2 Dogs are going Ballistic and Barking like Mad.it's only a matter of time before we get Complaints from the Neighbours,to be Honest i'm Surprised we haven't had Complaints already.
    i have no Problem with Taking the Dogs in at Night Time but my Partner wont have it.a few times i did have to go down in the Middle of the Night and take them in cos the Barking was so bad.
    i'm going to try the Orange Peel thing and will probably get some of that Silent Roar and Sprinkle it on the Wall.does anyone know if it's Available to Buy in any Shops in Dublin or will i have to Order it Online?
    if anybody else could give me any Advice with this Problem i'd really Appreciate it....

i have similar issue of cats belonging to people a few doors up crapping in my garden...its disgusting , people shouldnt be allowed to let pets wander around unsupervised.... cat poo has been known to be the cause of serious health issues,,,, can the council warder do anything bout cats?

Advertisement