Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

American Foreign Policy (2nd year History)

• 18-02-2008 7:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭

I've missed the last two classes and as such haven't a clue about this exam on Friday (besides the seven areas to study).

Is it short or long essay type questions? And how many questions in total and will we have a selection?

I know there is at least one poster in this forum who goes to this class so get back to me...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Fabio

Alright Orizio! I havent checked here in ages but looks like I came along in the nick of time.

Come up and introduce yourself to me sometime will you (I'm the guy with the long curly hair, tied up).

Anyway look he said there'd be a question on every topic we've covered so far and you only have to answer one question in a long essay format.

We'll have 45 minutes to do the essay and it's on in Boole 2.

If you check Blackboard you'll see that he has put up 7 areas which would be useful to look at. Personally I'm going to study one of those in some sort of depth and then study the Marshall Plan and NSC-68 which I would mcuh much prefer to do over the 7 areas he's posted on Blackboard.

I asked him actually would the Marshall Plan be coming up and he said that there'd be questions on all aspects of the course so I think that was a "yes"!

Look, I think you did this course last year if I remember you posting on here about it. If you remember haflt he stuff from last year as you go about your revision, you'll be sorted!

Fabio wrote: »
    Alright Orizio! I havent checked here in ages but looks like I came along in the nick of time.

Come up and introduce yourself to me sometime will you (I'm the guy with the long curly hair, tied up).

Anyway look he said there'd be a question on every topic we've covered so far and you only have to answer one question in a long essay format.

We'll have 45 minutes to do the essay and it's on in Boole 2.

If you check Blackboard you'll see that he has put up 7 areas which would be useful to look at. Personally I'm going to study one of those in some sort of depth and then study the Marshall Plan and NSC-68 which I would mcuh much prefer to do over the 7 areas he's posted on Blackboard.

I asked him actually would the Marshall Plan be coming up and he said that there'd be questions on all aspects of the course so I think that was a "yes"!

Look, I think you did this course last year if I remember you posting on here about it. If you remember haflt he stuff from last year as you go about your revision, you'll be sorted!

Excellent, just the answer I was hoping for. TBH I can't remember a thing from last year, so I'll probably stick to the Monroe Doctrine.

BTW for any history student, the info rev results are up on blackboard. First
    H1 I've ever got. ;)

Thanks again.

Yeah saw those nice one! It was, very suprisingly I should add, also my first H1 in History.

I hated doing the damn essay....maybe I should hate them more cos it seems that any essay I do will get a 2:1 MAX!!!!

Comments on the test today in US Foreign Policy?

I thought some of the questions were difficult enough in their wording and ended up doing the atmoic bomb one, question 9....though I hadnt studied it at all, it seemed to just flow back to me from lectures so I passed at least.

I actually didn't bother looking at the other questions, just saw The Monroe Doctrine and started writing. Very easy, got everything everything I needed down.

Any luck in getting your info rev. essay back? Congrats btw.

Now its on to the mindmaps...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Ekancone

The history dept are notoriously strict markers, so dont feel too down about getting 2.1's! Im a final year and i only managed by first 1H this year!

Thanks Orizio. Yeah onto those blasted mindmaps....took me hours between all the reading for it.

I didn't get my info rev essay back actually...mjst email Sinead Dinegan again about that.

As for hard marking - I didn't know that the Hist Dept were that strict!!! Thanks for brightening up my day Daithi haha!

God damn... a 2.2?? :(

Maybe it was my handwriting or something.:D

Advertisement