Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hello there!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

See: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055194280 for where not to live :)

Those places seem okay to me. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 rambler924

Hi,
    With the exception of the second link all are within a short walking distance of the city centre (you can't get any nearer without paying parking fee's, not to sure about parking facilities in Mary street (link 3), the old Infirmary (link 1) should have ample parking but I'm not sure how secure it is. The last link (I presume it is the apartment block in that area) is in a quite cull de sac and has coded gate entry. I would have no problem staying at any of the 4 locations.
    Best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Jor

Found another place near the city centre, unfortunately no photo.
    South Parade has some very nice houses, though at €350 per month, the apartment may not be in one of these.

http://www.daft.ie/224799

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭ec18

I'd go with the first one personally

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

First one!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Ah lads, the first one is supposed to be haunted! There was lots of rumours about people selling up cause of it, and builders reported hearing kids crying etc.

Obviously, its all rumours as there is no such thing in ghosts and it shouldn't affect your decision. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭BBM77

The second one. I have heard of a number of people moving out of the Infirmary because of "strange noises and things going bump in the night".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I see dead (and infirm) people! :p Yep that would be my choice of that quartet.

Mike.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Lads its not the dead you should be worrying about, its the living
    they'll do you alot more harm :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,140 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Right, definitely not the infirmary so! I've heard the same myself from a few peeps i know. Cheers for the advice people!

• Advertisement
Advertisement