Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why should a company fund my education?

Options
  • 18-02-2008 8:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Lets say a company is funding my education. My boss wants to know why, he or she should continue to fund my education. Why should a company fund my education?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I would have thought it comes down to a very simple cost/benefit analysis as to whether it benefits the company or not.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Pines

dahamsta wrote: »
    I would have thought it comes down to a very simple cost/benefit analysis as to whether it benefits the company or not.
    And whether you agree to remain with the company once you qualify, or to repay the costs if you leave shortly after.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

It is also a very tax effective way of "bumping" your overall renumerance package up, by paying for your tuition and books etc.

Like pines said though, the company in question can put a clause in your contract to recoup the cost if you leave the company within a certain time after completing your education.

Advertisement