Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How do you get a certain number plate D 10024 or D 24

Options
  • 18-02-2008 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know how you can get a specific numbe plate for a car in Dublin?

1) Can you find a database anywhere that will tell you who owns the cars , for example,

00 D 10024, 05 D 10024 etc etc

2) When you buy a new car, can you request 08 D 10024 etc etc.

If anyone can help that'd be great....

The number is personal and won't mean much to anyone else

Thanks a lot

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭TomMc

http://www.revenue.ie/index.htm?/leaflets/vrt5.htm

Cartell.ie will tell you if a number is allocated already but some may be snapped up but not actually registered yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 greatdeeds

pocketdooz wrote: »

1) Can you find a database anywhere that will tell you who owns the cars , for example,

2) When you buy a new car, can you request 08 D 10024 etc etc.

If anyone can help that'd be great....

The number is personal and won't mean much to anyone else

Thanks a lot

Lidl or aldi, u'll find them in aisle6 somewhere between 05d10023 and 05d10025

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭fabsoul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭djeclips

Yep as above check on cartell to see if the number you want is in use already. If not their is a form on revenue.ie you can send off to rosslare with a draft for €300 odd euro ant the plate is yours. Did it with my car, it's a Zs 180 so I got my plate **-**-180:D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Be aware that you can't put the car on the road until the number comes up.

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

pocketdooz wrote: »

I certainly hope not. Unless you work for the state, I don't see why people should be able to look up a person details by using their reg.
    People would start doing home visits to drivers they encountered :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 45,851 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

micmclo wrote: »
    I certainly hope not. Unless you work for the state, I don't see why people should be able to look up a person details by using their reg.
    People would start doing home visits to drivers they encountered :eek:

Seems to work ok in Switzerland - they have a much more polite driving ethic. You licence plate is in a book, and gives your phone number (maybe more) so if you annoy someone (or they fancy you...) they can let you know. Remember seeing that on Top Gear a while back.

Advertisement