Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

more misleading marketing (omaha cash league)

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

thread over... wp ionapaul... lloyd you're demoted! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

RoundTower wrote: »
    I was sure the next paragraph was going to be about PaddyPowerTopTrumps.com

I lolled alot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Try not to clutter up the thread with unnecessary comments please! And keep the arguing civil, attack post not poster etc etc.

ty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭Fatboydim

Begrudgerry - Now there's a great word.:D

In fairness the OP has a point. Advertising should be very clear on promotions and it very often isn't. PPP is certainly not the only offender. And there's no doubt they get more of a slagging than any other site or skin.

Historically speaking GJP would never get such a hard time because the founders were Boardsies first and in Dev's case a founder of this very forum and site. So we know that GJP does not have a heart that pounds to a corporate beat. Mike is a top guy and GJP are trying to attract a different type of poker player.

But I would like to spring to the defence of PPP - Pitboss. And before anyone accuses me, I have no affiliation to PPP and if anything more reasons to be annoyed with them than most.

But Nikki believes passionately in providing a good service to players, and has proved this in the past. The Xmas Cracker being a good example. [After all they are not obliged to run that tournament and it was sadly missed last xmas. ] She chooses to reply because she cares what people think and where and when she can adjusts policy to suit.

But PPP have budgets and bosses and have to produce set results. And it's a completely different way of having to work than GJP set up. That she makes the responses she does I think is admirable. [ BCB is clearly less diplomatic and we love him for it in the same way as we love Dave and my sparring partner Reggie]

But consider this when next playing on any ipoker network. Just who is providing all those fish that you rakeback sharks are feeding on? Would that be PPP perchance.

So be careful not bite the hand that feeds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 872 ✭✭✭doke

thechamp87 wrote: »
    I find it hilarious that you guys have time for all this arguing!! Must have very understanding bosses.

Actually, me (the boss of me) is so outraged to find that I (the underling of me) have wasted so much time on this thread that I (the boss man) am thinking of sacking myself (my worst employee).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Fatboydim wrote: »
    And before anyone accuses me, I have no affiliation to PPP and if anything more reasons to be annoyed with them than most.
    What's your sig about and why are you annoyed with PPP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Requiem4adream

lafortezza wrote: »
    What's your sig about and why are you annoyed with PPP?

i think he used to be sponsored by PPP and that was terminated a while back i think. Most people tend not to have warm feelings about former employers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭RoundTower

his sig still links to PPP though, lol.

For the record I have no affiliation with any poker site. This thread makes me feel unique.

I thought this thread was quite interesting, with several different points of view represented. I decided to do a statistical analysis of the points of view. 34 different accounts have posted in this thread. Their opinions and affiliations are given below, I have probably missed a few of you who are small-time affiliates. Sorry if I got any of you wrong, my information was incomplete.

misleading2xa9.png

As you can see, people who thought this was not false advertising were overwhelmingly more likely to have some association with an ipoker skin (not singling anyone out here) than those who thought the skins were being deliberately misleading.

In a less scientific study I also found that you were 3 times more likely to make the discussion personal if you had an association with an ipoker skin. You were also more likely to call someone "petty", a "leech" or to "get down off the stage".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

No affiliation to any iPoker skin for me at the moment. I used to have an sub-affiliate with Noble before they shut down RB. And GJP staked/BR'ed me on-line for a while.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Requiem4adream

Coincidentally i ran a less-scientific study also at half-time in the football, and the results are in: If deVore posts in a thread it is 3 times more likely that RoundTower will post in that thread also, and 14.3* times less likely that post will be constructive.

*83.4% of statistics are made up of the top of someones head. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭Fatboydim

his sig still links to PPP though, lol.

For the record I have no affiliation with any poker site. This thread makes me feel unique.

Thanks I'd forgotten about that and have removed it.

BTW if you read my post I am agreeing with you and not on the fence.

I have simply added that it's a little unfair to attack Nikki for not responding in the same way as Mike is able to. She is an employee and doesn't own the company.

OK, I didn't want to accuse anyone of agreeing with me unless I thought it was 100% clear, thanks for clarifying. I thought you were saying it was OK for them to have false advertising because they had bosses and budgets and so on, on rereading I mixed that up with the other part of your post.

I think Nikki represents PPP here, and is posting on their behalf. After all she is the Pit Boss in charge of Poker, not the cleaning lady. So I do think it's appropriate to expect the same level of honesty from her as from Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,525 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

I thought this thread was quite interesting, with several different points of view represented. I decided to do a statistical analysis of the points of view. 34 different accounts have posted in this thread. Their opinions and affiliations are given below,

Small correction for me... I'd be 100% in agreement with you that it was misleading advertising (and deliberately misleading). My only post in the thread was a response (to Lloyd I think) setting out an example where non-poker companies also do this sort of thing.

Personally one of the first things I ever do when I see a 'fantastic' offer from an iPoker (or Ongame) skin is to check a few other skins to see if they have the same offer and then decide how 'fantastic' it really is.

Where I'd disagree with you is how seriously you are taking it. I see it as very minor stuff.
    Armani(No affiliations)Jeanss.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭luckylucky

Where I'd disagree with you is how seriously you are taking it. I see it as very minor stuff.
    Armani(No affiliations)Jeanss.

Ditto.

Both sides of the argument I think took some heavy handed shots (though entertaining :p) at each other in this ott thread. While I think there's nothing wrong that you pointed this out as clearly some boardies didn't realise it was network wide - I saw my GJP alias on one of the lists so it was clear to me there and then that it had to be network wide. Anyway from a business point of view, and PPP is first and foremost a business they would be shooting themselves in the foot by basically announcing they are part of a network. For me it's not a downright falsehood like the 2 million thread I posted.

So while Yes - I agree it was fine for you to point this out. I think in this case you can put me down as a No. I don't think PPP and other iPoker skins are in the wrong, though it is clearly a less than white as white situation.

Fair play to GJP who have changed the wording on their website. Meanwhile, at Carlos and PPP, the con goes on.

Perhaps the next stage could be for GJP to link to the standings on the Carlospoker website in case anyone needs a list that was updated since Feb 13th :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Originally Posted by luckylucky View Post
    It just hit me like a bolt of lightning - I think I've possibly come up with a great idea for PPP.

Ok....

Now assessing both PPP Pit Boss and BCB - what are their strengths and weaknesses.

PPP Pit Boss
    Strength is total passion for Paddypower company and probably everything else she does.

Weakness : In her passion she gets blinkered vision and sees even the slightest criticism as a threat. Logic sometimes I'm afraid goes out the window in her rebuttals as she pulls out all sorts of red herrings and green leprauchauns out of the bag.

LOL - nail and hammer.

Just for the record RT - I do agree with you however my point was that this was a network wide promotion that most skins will simply copy and paste.

I told you, you need to go straight to the source, where your complaint will be duely met with "we don't really care".

Samba wrote: »
    LOL - nail and hammer.

Just for the record RT - I do agree with you however my point was that this was a network wide promotion that most skins will simply copy and paste.

I told you, you need to go straight to the source, where your complaint will be duely met with "we don't really care".

what? you are making as much sense as Pitboss now. If they copied and pasted what iPoker sent them, the advertising wouldn't have the words Paddy Power in it.

I have gone straight to the source. PPP are the ones with the misleading advertising, not iPoker. I'm sure iPoker would have no problem whatsoever in allowing PPP to advertise the correct details, like GJP now does. (In Renault terms, it's not like Renault Ireland are saying they don't exist).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭kpnuts

Perhaps the next stage could be for GJP to link to the standings on the Carlospoker website in case anyone needs a list that was updated since Feb 13th :)

Thanks for the tipoff, RT. I see I'm in the top 3 so far for this month.

Nice one on the WSOP seat. Hopefully cya in the Tilted Kilt.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

what? you are making as much sense as Pitboss now. If they copied and pasted what iPoker sent them, the advertising wouldn't have the words Paddy Power in it.

I have gone straight to the source. PPP are the ones with the misleading advertising, not iPoker. I'm sure iPoker would have no problem whatsoever in allowing PPP to advertise the correct details, likeu GJP nosw does. (In Renault terms, it's not like Renault Ireland are saying they don't exist).

Are you for real?

I honestly don't know if you are being sarcastic or...... it' can't be the latter.

Samba wrote: »
    Are you for real?

I honestly don't know if you are being sarcastic or...... it' can't be the latter.

the latter imo

Advertisement