Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Removing D-Boys M4 CQB Magazine Catch

• 18-02-2008 10:55pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭

OK, I'm trying to open the gearbox in my dboys to shim etc. I have everything removed except the mag catch. According to mechbox, there should be a screw to remove it. On mine however, there's nothing:

catch.jpg

And I can't push the catch through enough to rotate it. So, any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭johnboyire

is there a screw at the side of the button when you push it forward from the other side ?(only guessing)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Nope, that's a solid piece

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

Thanks for that Shiva but with the spring fully compress, the match catch doesn't clear the body.

feylya wrote: »
    Thanks for that Shiva but the mag catch won't fit past the body enough to rotate

Have you removed the little lever/catch thingy above the mag release lever ?

Thats probably what its catching against - just pop the retainer pin out (be careful - they snap easily) and you can take it off.

• Advertisement

The little lever was removed. There's about 3mm of catch left

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

yep tonys right, you can unscrew it from the other side aswell though if you find it hard that way., just compress the spring all the way and turn the longer part on the other side., it doesnt work with all M4s though, some of them the lip is too big for the catch to pass over.,

Looks like mine is one that it doesn't work on... Any other ideas? :(

Looks like mine is one that it doesn't work on... Any other ideas? :(

If you're at HRTA on Saturday I'll have a look at it.

Thanks for the offer but I most likely won't be.

• Advertisement

Yeah, near Sandyford. I know a couple other guys with Dboys M4's. I'll see if they can do anything.

Thanks for the offer but I most likely won't be.

Do you live in Dublin ?

If you dont have any joy, come back to me.

I'll arrange to drop over and try sort it out.

Yeah, near Sandyford. I know a couple other guys with Dboys M4's. I'll see if they can do anything

Much appreciated

you have to really put pressure behind it, it should work for ya., get some sort of blunt object that you can push the button in with and put a bit of welly behind it. i did one myself only a few hours and it just takes a lot of pressure., once ya have it compressed as much as possible try spining the other end of the lever, it should fit over the lip if you have the other end pushed in enough., the ones with the screw are so much handier i dunno why they bother with these ones., you can get a normal one from ehobby if ya prefer them, i got one in this morning that can be used in both hands, havent got around to fitting it yet though.,

Aha! Just got it :D

Cheers guys

little update:
    I just got home a min ago and fitted one of these on my M4,
    http://cgi.ebay.com/G-P-M-Series-MULTI-MAGAZINE-CATCH-for-Marui-AEG-GP535_W0QQitemZ290200230278QQihZ019QQcategoryZ64635QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

it only took a minute and its really handy, the way you can release the mag from both sides if the gun, it looks nice too.,:)

That's a pretty cool looking thing. I like the single sided release though and I may have found someone with a spare screw in one :)

On a side note, the gears in my gearbox are metal. I was convinced they were plastic. Time for an upgraded motor :D

did ya do any other gearbox work on it? a higher speed motor could tear it apart unless the gears are shimed and proper bushes fitted, the standard ones will be plastic. then after that you can use a 9.6 and even an uprated motor, :)

• Advertisement

I'll be shimming it this evening and upgrading the bushes as soon as I get around to ordering them :) The aeg is a tiny bit hot at the moment too so I'll have to get that sorted.

a bit of use and it'll come down a bit,., we did a spring on sunday and it came from 350 ish to just below the limit once it was run in.,:)

I've put about a thousand rounds through it already

oh right, its come down as much as its going to then i suppose,.

Yeah, looks like it. I've removed a washer or two from behind the spring, hopefully that'll sort it... Gotta chrono it soon.

Advertisement