Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESB apprenticeship

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 johntaylortipp

Lads had my medical on the 30th of July in limerick, 3 weeks tomorrow! I'm sure I past it but I'm worried because it's being 3 weeks now without hearing anything. When did you do your medicals?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭FaintBum

Lads had my medical on the 30th of July in limerick, 3 weeks tomorrow! I'm sure I past it but I'm worried because it's being 3 weeks now without hearing anything. When did you do your medicals?

I had my medical on the 30th and got a call on the 12th... Check your junk or spam folders in your email. There's no way they wouldn't even give a rejection email.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭EletricMan

FaintBum wrote: »
    I had my medical on the 30th and got a call on the 12th... Check your junk or spam folders in your email. There's no way they wouldn't even give a rejection email.

What region Are you in tho? They might be calling different regions at different times.

EletricMan wrote: »
    What region Are you in tho? They might be calling different regions at different times.

Oh they defo are I saw somebody from elsewhere got an offer to start on the 7th sept. I'm from Wicklow, I did my interview etc in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 StephenM2796

I'm in monaghan did my medical last Thursday and still no word, the waiting is killing me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Conor1122

anpuca wrote: »
    anyone who did there interview in athlone hear anything?

Ya I did interview in athlone haven't heard anything at all. Has any one from athlone interviews heard?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 johntaylortipp

I'm in Tipperary and I had the interview in Portlaoise.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Davids3639

Job offer made this morning, starting September 14th

Davids3639 wrote: »
    Job offer made this morning, starting September 14th

When did you do you medical?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Kiki88

Same as starting the 14th were u from David

• Advertisement

Kiki88 wrote: »
    Same as starting the 14th were u from David

You from Cork too?

Yes did my medical only last Thursday week. Best of luck

has anybody got their accommodation sorted thats starting the 14th. the malron hotel does deals on single and double rooms if anybody would be interested in sharing

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Davids3639

Ya cork, did my medical nearly 2 weeks ago... I didn't get any email of confirmation or details other than what was said on the phone, what are the general details, is it a week or 2 in portlaoise etc?

it's a 2 week stint in cork involving a lot of courses such a safe pass and manual handling courses etc. ..

Thinks it's 11 or ten weeks in portlaois

supposed to be 10 or 11 weeks over the 4 years

No first 11 weeks are portlaois

It varies, some groups do more time in Portlaois initially while others do only 2 weeks but will return later.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 andrewae86

Got a call just there offering me a place for the 21st, will only be spending two weeks in portlaois I was told

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 S1995

andrewae86 wrote: »
    Got a call just there offering me a place for the 21st, will only be spending two weeks in portlaois I was told
    Where abouts are you from and where are you based?
    I got an e-mail today telling me to call them back. I did but it was after 5 so no answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 andrewae86

S1995 wrote: »
    Where abouts are you from and where are you based?
    I got an e-mail today telling me to call them back. I did but it was after 5 so no answer.

In Galway, did anybody else from Galway get an offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 S1995

andrewae86 wrote: »
    In Galway, did anybody else from Galway get an offer?

I am from Galway also. Expecting a call soon so they said

I'm SO excited to start! Can't wait to get kitted out in the gear and get my hands on the tools!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 ktow14

Just got the call! Starting the 28th of september!! To say im delighted is an understatement!!

ktow14 wrote: »
    Just got the call! Starting the 28th of september!! To say im delighted is an understatement!!

Fantastic congrats!
    Wish i was given as much notice as you!

ktow14 wrote: »

Same as, you from kerry?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 ktow14

No from limerick myself! 2 weeks in portlaois then be operating from the limerick depot for the four years i was told.where will you be based?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 RayMcC

Well lads, i done the medical 2 weeks ago in galway and ive heard nothing back, did it take longer than 2 weeks for ye or whats the story? cheers

• Advertisement

RayMcC wrote: »
    Well lads, i done the medical 2 weeks ago in galway and ive heard nothing back, did it take longer than 2 weeks for ye or whats the story? cheers

Mine took only two weeks and then it was two weeks notice before starting in Portlaois but I think Dublin moved quicker than the rest

Advertisement