Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESB apprenticeship

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 206 ✭✭BuzzMcdonnell

Got email today saying thanks but no thanks. Best of luck to everyone else hope it’s good news

Sorry to hear that! That’s interesting because I wrongly presumed that everybody who was being shortlisted for interview would have been put on a panel of some kind. I was clearly mistaken!

I’ll be watching my emails non stop now

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Dildert123

I got an email saying they'll be in touch in june about the status of my application.
    I thought that was automated that?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Thecatonthemat

Dildert123 wrote: »
    I got an email saying they'll be in touch in june about the status of my application.
    I thought that was automated that?

I got that email on the 12th of May but then yesterday got the “your application was unsuccessful” I think over 6000 applications and only 60 places, I was never too hopeful I’d get an interview.

I got that email on the 12th of May but then yesterday got the “your application was unsuccessful” I think over 6000 applications and only 60 places, I was never too hopeful I’d get an interview.

How was your personal statement? If you don't mind me asking.....
    Or have you any experience that could've helped?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 eGannon123

Anyone hear anything recently?

• Advertisement

eGannon123 wrote: »
    Anyone hear anything recently?

There's another message board for the apprenticeship on here it's a bit more active for this year's programme.

I got a phone call last week about an interview and so did a few others on the board.

Look up ESB apprenticeship on this and it should come up.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Larryduff2018

Dildert123 wrote: »
    There's another message board for the apprenticeship on here it's a bit more active for this year's programme.

I got a phone call last week about an interview and so did a few others on the board.

Look up ESB apprenticeship on this and it should come up.
    Type in esb apprenticeship and the forum that dates a year ago is the one thats most active for this years campaign. My buddy got called for interview. Slow process but hang in there you coukd be called yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 INTERCEPTOR135

Did online aptitude tests for esb electrician apprenticeship 2023 and still no reply all it keeps saying every week of the last two months is " The Hiring Manager is Considering your profile" .

• Registered Users Posts: 18 competition

Taught it would be much faster reply

• Registered Users Posts: 43 rgrpo23

Has anyone heard anything from this years competition yet? Thought they would have gotten back to us by now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 cargil36

ESB Apprenticeship 2023

Does anyone know what the "update" button does under "jobs applied for".

If selected does this just update the status of the application?

Thanks

Anyone from 2023 hear anything back yet? Wasn’t expecting the wait to be this long.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 rf2023

i’ve a few friends who have received phone calls about an interview but personally i’ve received no news whatsoever i’ll thought by now they would have sent something even if it was a rejection

Was it last week they got calls? Id say if we don’t get a call this week we prob didn’t get it unfortunately. It’s weird that they don’t give the results of the aptitude, I feel like I passed it but will never know

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Corkgal007

I applied last year and got a call for an interview around 17th May , this is a horrendous long process !! my interview last year was on the 1st June and i didn't hear again until nearly august so be prepared for the long road . Good luck to everyone .

If your application still says " being considered or under review" - then your still in the running. This is such a slow process and will take until at least August before an offer will be made. Interviews only start this month and interviews for females usually 1st week in June in Portlasoise.

No news is actually good news , keep an eye on your application as it changes a few days before you get your interview call

Keep an eye on jobs applied section this will change to "interview" if you are to get a call in relation to an interview. The rejection at each stage happens quicker than moving to next phase like interview or resit assesssment or medical .

The closing date for applications was end of March 2023 so they will only process assessments this month and next . when did you do your assessment ? This is the longest hiring process ever. Until you get a rejection email then you are still in the running. 9000 people applied last year for 90 places .

Just got called for interview on 30th May

• Advertisement

Congrats on getting through! I tried to check my profile there and it won’t load, it was loading a few days ago and was still under consoderation

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Corsha

Got a call for an interview and she said she would email it out. No email received since Monday. Anyone else get called but no email received ?

Got call but no email or change in status on application

Great, delighted you got the call. I see you did an interview last year. Are the interviews tough. Im in the midlands so interview is in Athlone

interview takes about an hour . u need to study up on ESB - types of power they generate / different power stations around Ireland / how electricity is made etc . along with the usual why do u want to be an electrician. tell me about yourself .when you worked in teamwork situation and working on your own . be prepared and enthusiastic

Any email? Still no email here ?

Still no email

• Registered Users Posts: 1 bmuu677

Yep no email for me either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 murphef

Anyone know what the rates of pay are during your apprenticeship with ESB?

Advertisement