Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Resolved] Thread removed from WIT.

Options
  • 18-02-2008 11:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭

Hi there - I have been passing messages back and forth to Sully the WIT mod on this matter and I expressed that I would like to take this matter further so he pointed me to here. And now to the problem..

I created a thread to inform WIT students that we had created a new society in the college for Ógra Shinn Fein. The thread was removed by Sully, pending an admin decision. Sully is a good guy and removed it from what he believes to be on the safe side and I understand this.

However, the thread did not breach the charter and there have been other political threads creating in other Uni/College forums in the past without anything being said or the thread removed (a simple search in Edu will validate this).

The society is apart of WIT and very relevant to the students. My post was in no way, shape or form disrespectful and was purely constructive and informative. It took me some time to construct the post and I felt it was unneccessary to remove it, especially when it was respectfully written and did not breach the charter.

I feel I have been singled out on this matter and have been a member of this forum for a considerable time.

I would like clarification on this. If political society posts are not allowed in Edu, then why have pages of other threads been allowed? And if they are, why was my thread removed.

Respectfully,
    John.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Just in addition, I just want to reference some threads of political topics in Edu just so you don't have to search.. Although a quick search of politics in Edu will prove my point.

In this thread, Fianna Fail advertise their political society: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055134435

Here is another political thread advertising political societies: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054964915

Once again, I await your reply.

Respectfully,
    John.

Hi guys - Could I get some clarity on this issue?

Thanks again,
    John.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Hi, we're actually looking into the best way to handle these threads at the moment, just takes a little while for the cogs to turn, you'll know as soon as I do.

Thanks Cult.

Sully has it sorted. He created a societies thread for all clubs and added my post there.

Thanks! :)

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Ah, super, I missed the tail of the discussion from earlier, glad it's sorted to everyones satisfaction.

Advertisement