Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

are stilos any good

Options
  • 18-02-2008 11:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Was just wondering if anyone knew are Fiat Stilos any good (reliable,comfortable,economicable). I just moved house and with the longer commute my car is eating the juice (vw passat). I like the look of them and i know someone to get me cheap parts if anything did happen. I had a fiat before and had no problems, so no need to tell me that fiat stands for (fix it again tomorrow).They are good value too around 6500 for 04 model with extras.THANKS :o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

I used to work in a Fiat garage (not as a mechanic mind you), but loads of these used to come in for various problems, mainly electrical faults. They seemed to be fairly troublesome. I myself wouldn't go near one with a 20ft. barge pole, but that's just me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

I believe they had a recall for pre 03. Brother has one, no complaints apart from annoying airbag light and beep!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

not too mention having to take off a wing to change a bulb although not sure what model that was.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭su_dios

Just traded up from a stilo. Brilliant car altogether. Not a problem at all on it and great to drive. Nice bit of power in it too in comparisson with the others in its class. Don't get a pre-04 one though as there was a slight facelift with a few niggles fixed up. The airbag light had a simple fix. Nearly all the problems also can be fixed by disconnecting and reconnecting the battery :rolleyes:

If you could stretch a bit further I would suggest an 05 active aircon. That model has the nicer alloys and sideskirts and they really bring the styling of the car together. Mine used to turn so many heads.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

older ones had a lot of suspention problems but were dealt with in a recall i believe, other than that there a decent car and look very nice.,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭su_dios

Yeah they all were recalled whether it was needed or not. Fiats solution for it though is terrible. Worth it though for piece of mind and its free, will only take an hour or so to do. If you're buying from a fiat garage ask has this been done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Mailman

The earlier ones were stacked with extras as standard which slightly compensates for their lesser reliability and the 1.2 litre engine while slow is very economical as it is paired with a 6 speed gearbox.

Advertisement