Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leered at in the library

• 19-02-2008 12:03am

I was in my local library and ended up at a shelf where there's a table and chairs next to it. I was scanning the books when something caught my attention. I looked around and there's these two girls turning away and giggling. They basically were leering at me but didn't make much of an effort to hide it.

I gave an evil stare to one of them but she just bowed her head while smiling. I was kind of embarrassed and hurried off. I'm angry now as I go over it. I find what they were doing as intensely cowardly. I wouldn't get together with a bunch of mates and start leering at some poor girl on her own.

As I go over it now I wish I had hit one of them with a book....am I taking it too seriously?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

They thought you were a book. Happens all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Were they hot?

• no they were skanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

I was in my local library and ended up at a shelf where there's a table and chairs next to it. I was scanning the books when something caught my attention. I looked around and there's these two girls turning away and giggling. They basically were leering at me but didn't make much of an effort to hide it.

I gave an evil stare to one of them but she just bowed her head while smiling. I was kind of embarrassed and hurried off. I'm angry now as I go over it. I find what they were doing as intensely cowardly. I wouldn't get together with a bunch of mates and start leering at some poor girl on her own.

As I go over it now I wish I had hit one of them with a book....am I taking it too seriously?

WTF? Grow up you child. Someone looked at you and giggled who cares

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

no they were skanks.

That's ok so. Action justified :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Make sure your flute is in your pants next time.

2nd time it happens the judge won't be so gullible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I don't understand? Teenage girls were giggling? :eek: Well slap me sideways with a haddock and call me fishy. I never thought they did that.

Mike.

• who said they were teenage?

So you were intimidated by 10 year olds or what?

Mike.

• I'd say they were college going. And they were three of 'em at least

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

smashey wrote: »
    They thought you were a book. Happens all the time.
    stepbar wrote: »
    Were they hot?

If they were hot they'd have thought he was a pop up book.

Skangery college age girls eh?

Mike.

• If they were hot they'd have thought he was a pop up book.

Hilarious :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

This thread is hilarious. OP are you alright after this terrible ordeal? i suggest PI were the people will be more understanding of your situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Limerick people go to libraries?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Oh noes...........ze childers hurted ur feelings!!!! Call ze police!!!!!!!!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

OP u probably had your wee fella poking out the zipper in your pants. Next time I woudl suggest not reading FHM in the library. Gives a man needs. Needs that are against god.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

girl A pointing at girl B:
    "we are just wondering why the hell do you look so alike to my fren's (girl B) DAD!!!''

p/s:is it just me or recently some threads in AH here should move to PI?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭'Ol Jack Chance

I'd say they were college going. And they were three of 'em at least, eyes like fire, hooks for hands, bloodstains on their teeth
    :D

so laugh back

• 'Ol wrote:
    :D

so laugh back

:D Come on lads I was sexually harassed by a bunch of dirty skangers. kudos to ol' jack for the funniest reply so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Maybe they weren't giggling cos they were leering. Maybe you just thought they were leering but they were thinking something else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Hilarious :rolleyes:

I apologise most profusely as I must have missed the severity of the
    trauma you encountered in the library earlier. I feel your only
    option is to launch a multi-pronged defense;
    - call the gardai and make a formal complaint
    - phone Joe Duffy and discuss your issue on the national airwaves
    - contact your parish priest and see if a mass can be said in your name

(You may want to leave out the part about your 'evil stare' in case you
    end up in trouble with the authorities ;))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭'Ol Jack Chance

just start a fire its a library cmon ffs

• jdivision wrote: »
    Maybe they weren't giggling cos they were leering. Maybe you just thought they were leering but they were thinking something else?
    No.

• I apologise most profusely as I must have missed the severity of the
    trauma you encountered in the library earlier. I feel your only
    option is to launch a multi-pronged defense;
    - call the gardai and make a formal complaint
    - phone Joe Duffy and discuss your issue on the national airwaves
    - contact your parish priest and see if a mass can be said in your name

(You may want to leave out the part about your 'evil stare' in case you
    end up in trouble with the authorities ;))

Moderately more humorous...you're getting there, keep trying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

I'm guessing you're taking the pish?

If not, for God's sake lighten up / grow a pair!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

/ grow a pair!
    Maybe that's what they were giggling about;)

• I'm guessing you're taking the pish?

If not, for God's sake lighten up / grow a pair!
    No they really were ****heads

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭Mweelrea

Don't worry about it,
    Was it so bad that you needed to confide in the internet?
    And seriously if you wanted proper answers AH really isn't the place.

• Advertisement

You may have missed a good oppotunity to crack the gag about letting one of them help with your Longfellow. Ah well.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Jesus, try fecking working in a library populated by masses of these giggling messers every day.

You got off easy, OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

No they really were ****heads
    Even if they were, so what?

They were hardly going to tie you down and jump you in the middle of a library! :D

The day girls STOP looking at you, then you will have something to moan about ... :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

You should've sat down and started playing with yourself. Thats what I do when I want people to stop looking at me. Make sure you give them that dead eyed stare too.

Seriously though why didn't you just ask them what their problem was?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,412 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

wow, what were skangers doing in a library?

anyway as charlie brown said
    "In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back."

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,463 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

I'd say they were college going. And they were three of 'em at least
    Maybe they were trying for a four-some?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,018 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Creature wrote: »
    Seriously though why didn't you just ask them what their problem was?

Indeed OP, why get so bothered about it? The time to tackle the 'problem' was there and then. In fairness your only making yourself look foolish by complaining about the harassment you suffered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

Which library was it?

I could do with some sexual harassment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,913 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

:D Come on lads I was sexually harassed by a bunch of dirty skangers. kudos to ol' jack for the funniest reply so far.

No Sir, that is the funniest reply so far. Sexually harrassed? Who said they were laughing at you for a sexual reason?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Degsy is the man to sort this out....

Degsy, over to you sir....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,463 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Maybe they wanted to "Check you out?"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

I'd have been flattered.

I was having a wee in the jervis street jacks a few weeks ago. There was someone at every urinal, execpt the one second from the end. So, I stepped in and as I was undoing me zipper I thought the guy beside me was chekin out the other blokes mickeys (he was standing at the last urinal).

I just thought he was comparing sizes. Anyway, just as I started to wee, I noticed his hand was moving pretty fast. Panicked, I admit I had a look towards him.

He was having a tom hank!!!!

Looking down the row of urinals, cheking out all the blokes' knobs, and jacking off. i'd just started my stream. But I stopped it straight away, and legged it.

I wasn't flattered that time :p

And before 6th asks...no, I didn't report him. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Drift

tallaght01 wrote: »

6th is always up to that sort of carry on. Over in the paranormal forum he has his own seperate bathroom. No need to report him though .... gently fondle his buttocks and he'll be finished and on his way quicker than your stream is!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

holy **** you're a loser

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Degsy is the man to sort this out....

Degsy, over to you sir....

Yeah Degsy is your man,,,,

He works in a library and all the girls do be laughing at him alllllll the time....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Degsy was always run ragged chasing Matt the Jap around the place.

Writes good posts though.

You been to his library Quality?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Yeap I have been in there to see the book of kells....

The girls in the library do dare each other, They get one girl to go up and ask Degsy to get a book off the top shelf, Degsy gets the ladder out and climbs up to get the book...Little does he know that there is a gaggle of giggling girlies stand at the bottom of it checking out his bum!!;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Quality wrote: »
    Yeap I have been in there to see the book of kells....

The girls in the library do dare each other, They get one girl to go up and ask Degsy to get a book off the top shelf, Degsy gets the ladder out and climbs up to get the book...Little does he know that there is a gaggle of giggling girlies stand at the bottom of it checking out his bum!!;)

I never knew Degsy was such an object of desire to Dublin girls.

THe sly old fox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 okarm26

Dont bother usually replying to threads but after reading this i just have too ....

Dude ,all joking aside , ( I hope for your sake that this is a wind up ) you really need to get with it and grow a pair a balls .

..'sexual harrased..' ?? ffs.......haha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Defenestrate

What book were you perusing at the time? Was it the Kamasutra?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

tallaght01 wrote: »
    I'd have been flattered.

I was having a wee in the jervis street jacks a few weeks ago. There was someone at every urinal, execpt the one second from the end. So, I stepped in and as I was undoing me zipper I thought the guy beside me was chekin out the other blokes mickeys (he was standing at the last urinal).

I just thought he was comparing sizes. Anyway, just as I started to wee, I noticed his hand was moving pretty fast. Panicked, I admit I had a look towards him.

He was having a tom hank!!!!

Looking down the row of urinals, cheking out all the blokes' knobs, and jacking off. i'd just started my stream. But I stopped it straight away, and legged it.

I wasn't flattered that time :p

More importantly:

Did you wash your hands? ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement