Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a cycling group/club

Options
  • 19-02-2008 12:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Hello people, I'v taken up road biking in the last couple of months and now reckon im fit enough to join up with a group. I live in the stillorgan area in south dublin and was wondering if there are any groups around here that do a weekly ride (bear in mind i dont think i could handle much more than 40 or so miles at the moment, so i wont be taking on Alpe D'huez just yet). Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Bray Wheelers go every Saturday and Sunday morning from under the Kilmacanogue on the N11 at 10. Haven't been in a while, but they do about 100km. While it might seem long, you can always cut it short if you're wrecked and try hang on longer the next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭bunnygreen

You could try The Orwell Wheelers,they have a run every Sunday with groups at different levels,check out there website,www.orwellwheelers.org,they meet at outside Joe Dalys bike shop in Dundrum at 930m sharp.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

I live in Stillorgan.
    Member of Sorrento. Member of the IVCA.
    Just took up cycling again after a ..........something like 28 year lay off.
    Joined the Vets this year. Good gas. Good spins like last Sunday, 52. miles, Balbriggan, Swords etc.
    Met the crew in Phoenix Park.
    www.sorrentocyclingclub.com.
    Hook up if you want to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

I was in sorento when i lived in Dublin years ago....was good craic.

Sorry to jump in on your thread....but i have a similar question.
    Im looking for a club in Gorey/Arklow area. any ideas???????

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Planet X wrote: »
    I live in Stillorgan.
    Member of Sorrento. Member of the IVCA.
    Just took up cycling again after a ..........something like 28 year lay off.
    Joined the Vets this year. Good gas. Good spins like last Sunday, 52. miles, Balbriggan, Swords etc.
    Met the crew in Phoenix Park.
    www.sorrentocyclingclub.com.
    Hook up if you want to.

PlanetX, I understand that your Sorrento club organise qualifying rides for Paris-Brest-Paris. Has anyone you know done it or planned to do it?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Yeah, our chairman Paul O'Donoghue does the PBP and Rose Leith did it last year. She is the Irish Record holder of the womens Mizen to Malin.

On our site we have details of qualifying rides, 2's 4's & 600k rides organised by the club.

Advertisement