Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Worst Injury You've Seen?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Stekelly wrote: »
    Not meaning to make little of it, but at the end of the day it was a cut, a very serious one but a cut none the less. Most likely a clean one. Clean cuts heal very fast.

It happened a guy last weekend and he's out for a lot longer. Imagine getting your throat slashed by a knife (this is every bit as bad) and being back training within the week. Obviously it wouldn't have a huge impact on your body as a whole but I reckon I'd be looking at the bigger picture. A carotid artery being cut is no little thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Eduardo's injury can be seen here:

http://www.d1g.com/video/show/?id=1811652

Its difficult to see as Sky wont show replays but the urgency of Fabregas and the physio is terrifying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

21 min: Apologies for not watching the football for a couple of minutes - it's basically a training session anyway - but I've just seen a picture of Taylor's challenge, and it is completely and utterly disgraceful. Flying through the air studs up, he lunges in halfway up the shin of Eduardo's standing leg. The striker's leg clean snaps at a right angle; no wonder Fabregas was holding his head in his hands the minute he saw it. It's going to be an ethical dilemma for sports editors across the country, is this picture.

youch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Fwaggle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

jesus, just saw that malarchuck injury, worst thing ever! :eek: Poor bugger

What the hell was Taylor thinking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Tusky wrote: »

That second one is just horrible. Really hope he can make a full recovery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Fu'kin hell, I hope it's not a compound fracture.

i assume that quote is from the bbc? They are being awful sensationaltist. I mean the video is there for all to see, even with the poor sky angle we can see theres no "flying through the air". It looks like a clumsy tackle from what I've seen so far. Theres no need for the BBC to be criminalising Taylor.

+1. Platt said it didn't even look a booking at half time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Tusky wrote: »
    youch.

i assume that quote is from the bbc? They are being awful sensationaltist. I mean the video is there for all to see, even with the poor sky angle we can see theres no "flying through the air". It looks like a clumsy tackle from what I've seen so far. Theres no need for the BBC to be criminalising Taylor.

DeadSkin wrote: »
    Fu'kin hell, I hope it's not a compound fracture.

It almost certainly is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Those two other pictures are horrible. BBC are being sensationalist by saying Taylor was "flying through the air" but to say it's not a booking is equally as ridiculous.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »

I think he was just tackliung. It was just that he ended up catching Eduardo's ankle, but his foot was planted in the ground so there was no where for his leg to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Mikeyt086 wrote: »

he wasnt....that was a clumsy rediculous takle and you hate to see that in todays game! (not saying it was intentional, it was clumsy)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Thats the kind of tackle that'll make you more than a little nervous before going to play football yourself this evening ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

It's Eduardo's birthday on Monday too, two days before mine; and we were born in the same year too. Poor guy.

It won't be the last kind of tackle we see this year, I'm sure. I mean, just think of all the high challennges that we have seen so far. Am I wrong in saying that high challenges have occured more this season than any other recent season?

Kevster wrote: »
    It's Eduardo's birthday on Monday too, two days before mine; and we were born in the same year too. Poor guy.

Being born the same time as you? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

just dont wanna click on those photos...reminds of a game last year, a senior game i was playing in. we had this 15 year old playing, it was a friendly and he just wanted to play for fun. last minute, an older, much stronger player tackled him and his leg snapped in 2. it was the most frightening thing i have seen on a soccer pitch. heres hoping eduardo makes a speedy recovery. i see wenger has said that taylor should not be allowed to play soccer again.

• Advertisement

i see wenger has said that taylor should not be allowed to play soccer again.

As usual though, Wenger needs to do less talking. Pity his opinions never stretch as far as his own players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

you can see where hes coming from tho

3379.jpg

shocking tackle

*note: not a pic of the injury, just the tackle before the leg broke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Helix wrote: »
    you can see where hes coming from tho

3379.jpg

shocking tackle

*note: not a pic of the injury, just the tackle before the leg broke

thats a disgraceful tackle. its sickening and taylor should get months for that. for once, i agree with wenger, he is totally right. that picture is shocking and makes me very angry, i can only imagine how arsenal players and indeed fans feel about that.

the rules about abusing players here are preventing me from calling taylor the names he deseves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Oh, so Wenger actually decides he's seen an incident now? Surprise, surprise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

thats a disgraceful tackle. its sickening and taylor should get months for that. for once, i agree with wenger, he is totally right. that picture is shocking and makes me very angry, i can only imagine how arsenal players and indeed fans feel about that.

the rules about abusing players here are preventing me from calling taylor the names he deseves.

You can't judge a tackle by a still photograph, thats ridiculous. The tackle honestly wasn't that bad when you compare it to some that happen week-in, week-out. It was a very poor challenge but to call for him to be banned from football? Ridiculous. It was unfortunate, but not malicious. I'd agree with Platt to an extent, in saying that the referee gave the red card based on the extent of the injury, rather than the tackle itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

If anything that video shows it to be miss-timed.Wenger should be brought up on a disrepute charge for his comments imo.Hopefully Eduardo makes a full recovery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

nobody likes to see this kind of stuff happen, its horrible for everyone who loves football. but i wouldnt demonise taylor for this, he made a clumsy tackle, lots of players do it, eduardos foot was planted and had nowhere to go, its a terrible accident but ive seen worse tackles in football and from memory, taylor hasnt done anything like this before.

it looks like a terrible mistake/accident, i urge people not to be so quick to condemn people.

im not saying i condone it of course, but i feel if it hadnt resulted in such a horrific injury it would have only been a yellow card

kryogen wrote: »
    it looks like a terrible mistake/accident, i urge people not to be so quick to condemn people.

Too late, the "banned for life" brigade are already out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

As usual though, Wenger needs to do less talking. Pity his opinions never stretch as far as his own players.

and Rafa would be any different. It really bugs me the way Wenger seems to get constantly attacked for seeing certain incidents and not others, every manager is the same, having looked at it again, it was reckless imo.

• Advertisement

OPENROAD wrote: »
    and Rafa would be any different. It really bugs me the way Wenger seems to get constantly attacked for seeing certain incidents and not others, every manager is the same, having looked at it again, it was reckless imo.

It was reckless, it'd be hard to argue that it wasn't. But Wenger, like Mourinho before him with the Stephen Hunt incident, is blowing things completely out of the water. Definite disrepute charge needed.

Archimedes wrote: »
    Oh, so Wenger actually decides he's seen an incident now? Surprise, surprise.

and what about Saint Alex,do he still have his dossier from the Emirates, funny didn't mention anything about the disgraceful abuse Wenger received from utd fans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Honestly, there are worse tackles in other games, but thats not condoning it. It was a silly over zealous lunge. Those pictures are disgusting. 2 years ago I dislocated and broke my ankle, broke and fractured my leg all at the same time, so I can somewhat understand the pain Eduardo is feeling physically, though his injury makes mine look like a flesh wound.

Speedy recovery and all that.

I also feel sorry for Taylor. He will have nightmares about that for a long time to come.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Taylorsenasmijesio.jpg

he seems pretty impressed with himself there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Don't like to see that kind of thing happen in sport. Real big shame. Hope he can come back from this.

I feel Wenger's reaction is OTT although understandable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,917 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

I'm sorry, but a lot of the same Arsenal fans calling for Taylor's ban, were lording it over the "flamster's" potentially leg breaking tackle on Nani last week.

Hopefully Eduardo makes a full recovery, the way the foot dangles in that french commentary video was awful. *luckily* they got to him quickly, and he was untouched until the physio got to him (i.e. it wasn't a pile up of people).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

IMO the stills with johnson mid air look like he was running 20 yards to get to Eduardo but the video shows that it was just a badly timed clumsy challenge. If Eduardo's foot wasnt planted to the ground then it would just have been a yellow card and sore in the morning.
    Unfortunately that was not the case and he ended up with a very nasty injury.
    Hopefully this will not end his career like some people are saying.

Don't like to see that kind of thing happen in sport. Real big shame. Hope he can come back from this.

I feel Wenger's reaction is OTT although understandable.

And every other premiership manager would react the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

Helix wrote: »
    Taylorsenasmijesio.jpg

he seems pretty impressed with himself there

and this guy looks like a pervert

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k187/iam_XeRo/HBCandyGrap.png

i'm pretty sure i seen taylor scratch his arse aswell on his way off the pitch, maybe he was trying to tell eduardo to kiss his ass? what ya reckon?...since we're making sh!t up like?

i'm sure taylor will have a hard enough time at the minute, i know i was shocked when i seen it was a red card to begin with, eduardo was just a step ahead of him when he moved the ball. its not like he stood on his chest like i dunno, ERIC CANTONA!!11!

And every other premiership manager would react the same.

I have to say.

I seriously doubt another manager would say "He should never play football again."

Agreed that every manager would be incenced. But that was a silly thing to say. People say things about Wenger, because he is a terrible loser, its always after a defeat/draw when he says controvertial things. Luckily for him he doesnt lose alot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

el rabitos wrote: »
    its not like he stood on his chest like i dunno, ERIC CANTONA!!11!

Exactly , things like that warranted lengthy bans but a mis-timed tackle which led to a horrific injury doesn't imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Wenger would have a lot more credibility if he kept his mouth shut once in a while. It didn't look like intent to me, it looks like a really really bad challenge and a straight red but I really don't think he feels good about (probably) ending a player's career.

Wenger is a disgrace at how he handles these kind of situations.

Kold wrote: »
    I really don't think he feels good about (probably) ending a player's career..

That was the first thing McLeish said post-match.

"He is absolutley distruaght, he cant belive what he did."

Wenger would have a lot more credibility if he kept his mouth shut once in a while. It didn't look like intent to me, it looks like a really really bad challenge and a straight red but I really don't think he feels good about (probably) ending a player's career.

Wenger is a disgrace at how he handles these kind of situations.

Wouldn't expect any other comment from a spud fan :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Wouldn't expect any other comment from a spud fan :rolleyes:

What a stupid f*cking comment.

What a stupid f*cking comment.

yea whatever :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

SantryRed wrote: »
    David Healy's leg break while he was playing for Coventry was pretty bad.
    His leg was nearly at a 90 degree angle to the ground:eek:

Colin Healy?

yea whatever :rolleyes:

And there's an even stupider comment:D ....OPENROAD, you certainly use the 'aul :rolleyes: smiley a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

This thread has turned-out great: It started as a semi-tribute to Eduardo, but has now been overtaken by a select few members of low-average intelligence who are bickering with each other about issues that have no relevence to the topic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Kevster wrote: »
    This thread has turned-out great: It started as a semi-tribute to Eduardo, but has now been overtaken by a select few members of low-average intelligence who are bickering with each other about issues that have no relevence to the topic.

Ye, you're right actually. My main problem is with the :rolleyes: smiley...I hate it:D OPENROAD used it twice in succession so I reacted accordingly:o

• Advertisement
Advertisement