Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Worst Injury You've Seen?

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

the pics doing the rounds via email today are shocking. it was an awful tackle. just shows how easy it is to break somebody else leg by being late and clumsy. shocking shocking tackle and i hope those pics will make some people think twice before diving in again.

I was actually really pissed off with Senderos later in the game when he took a tumble and went down holding his ankle until he got a free kick.

Now I know its fairly common place, but Jesus Christ have they any brains at all? Of all days?

The mind boggles sometimes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

we ahould all think on the positive that eduardo will be back, 9 months out then he will be stronger than ever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

An aside, the demonisation of Martin Taylor really pisses me off. It is totally unnecessary.
    +1

I mean ffs, these tackles are part of the game. So, he was a bit late, and it's very unfortunate that Eduardo has gotten such a horrific injury, my heart does go out to him, still though, defenders have to go in hard.

I'd be pissed off if I was a Brum fan and Taylor pussied out of it and Eduardo went through to score. Note, I'm NOT saying that I'd prefer that Eduardo has a crippling injury, not at all, but these things happen. It's football.
    Honestly, I do believe that Taylor went in with a harman tackle to ruffle Eduardo,
    Of course he did.

And fair play to him, that is proper defending. Get in the strikers head, let him know you are there and won't take any shít. Hit him hard the first time, and he'll be in your pocket all game if he doesn't fancy the rough stuff.

If we get rid of "hard men" from the game, we may as well be watching netball.
    I don't for a second think that he knew it would be as bad as it was.
    Of course he didn't. He didn't set out to "do" Eduardo in any sense of the word.

Finally, the pictures of Taylor "smiling"? This is nothing more than tabloid hyperbolic bullshít. He's grimacing. He's saying to someone "fúck me, that's nasty", later pictures show him visibly upset.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

DesF wrote: »
    +1

I mean ffs, these tackles are part of the game. So, he was a bit late, and it's very unfortunate that Eduardo has gotten such a horrific injury, my heart does go out to him, still though, defenders have to go in hard.

studs up, over the ball, straight towards the man, half way up his leg is a tackle that should be part of the game? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

OPENROAD wrote: »

But for the fact Weir stopped after seeing Henry take off, who knows what could have happened there.

Its not always the "old, slow defenders" launching into tackles against the speedy youngsters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

how the **** did Henry only get a yellow for that? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Poor tackle by Taylor, but in Eduardo's case, you get what you give.

http://www.d1g.com/video/show/1790408

Heres the boy himself making a two footed, studs up tackle on Nani last weekend. Of course, this was forgotten in the media funeral this weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Archimedes wrote: »

Heres the boy himself making a two footed, studs up tackle on Nani last weekend. Of course, this was forgotten in the media funeral this weekend.

+1. I see absolutely no difference in the two tackles, other than that Nani was "lucky" and Eduardo wasn't.

Plenty of difference if you ask me.

Eduardo went in with too feet, he had studs up, he even raised his leg higher after noticing he wasnt getting the ball. Add this to the fact that Arsenal players had been trying to kick lumps out of Nani all day, and its safe to say that Eduardo's tackle was worse than Taylors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

This is a nasty enough wrestling break i remember from a good few years back!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQ_RR9WjUlI

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Get ******! Of course I don't condone Eduardo's tackle either but, it was nowhere near as dangerous as Taylor's for one reason, Eduardo was on the ground with his legs in the air when the connection was made and so his legs gave way to Nani's momentum! Now, it was a bad tackle but not anywhere near as bad as Taylor's, who had his leg locked and angled at Eduardo's shin with a lot of weight behind it!

No brainer for me anyway, two completely different tackles...don't agree with either of them but regardless of the outcome Taylor's was clearly worse!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

jasonorr wrote: »
    Get ******! Of course I don't condone Eduardo's tackle either but, it was nowhere near as dangerous as Taylor's for one reason, Eduardo was on the ground with his legs in the air when the connection was made and so his legs gave way to Nani's momentum! Now, it was a bad tackle but not anywhere near as bad as Taylor's, who had his leg locked and angled at Eduardo's shin with a lot of weight behind it!

No brainer for me anyway, two completely different tackles...don't agree with either of them but regardless of the outcome Taylor's was clearly worse!

What a stupid statement. Taylor mistimed his tackle and Eduardo went in 2 footed. I know Taylor as I've met him quite a few times and it's definitely not in his nature to cause that sort of tackle. Bad timing is what it's put down to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article846077.ece

This article and picture was on the back page of The Sun today.
    Taylor's really getting victimised by the press.
    Anyone see his stats on Sky Sports News yesterday?
    In 284 appearances, he has only 9 yellows and 2 reds.

Thats an absolutely ridiculous article. They were just sitting there waiting for him to make any kind of a tackle and then write some sensationalist rubbish.

Thats just pathetic journalism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

are you trying to say he dserved it or something?
    that as he went in with a high tackle before, he can have no complaints?
    DesF wrote: »

And fair play to him, that is proper defending. Get in the strikers head, let him know you are there and won't take any shít. Hit him hard the first time, and he'll be in your pocket all game if he doesn't fancy the rough stuff.

christ Des i expected more. There is letting the striker know you're there and there is having your foot half way up his leg. Some of the best defenders in the world never had to 'let the strikers know they're there'

event wrote: »
    are you trying to say he dserved it or something?
    that as he went in with a high tackle before, he can have no complaints?

No, he didnt deserve it. Yes, he can have no complaints about Taylor's tackle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

The difference between Eduardos tackle and Taylors tackle as i see it is that Eduardos legs were bent and were moving more up and away from Nani with very little momentum. With Taylors his leg was completely straight and he effectively put his hip into the tackle while moving at a higher speed giving it a much bigger chance of injuring Eduardo. I'm not saying he did this on purpose to injure him, thats just the reason it was so much more dangerous

And to say what goes around comes around is bull**** in fairness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

SantryRed wrote: »

Yet another reason to hate the Sun. You would want to be serious scum to work for them. Jokers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

kensutz wrote: »
    What a stupid statement. Taylor mistimed his tackle and Eduardo went in 2 footed. I know Taylor as I've met him quite a few times and it's definitely not in his nature to cause that sort of tackle. Bad timing is what it's put down to.

They were both bad tackles, yes? The fact that it isn't in Taylor's nature is irrelevant (that is a stupid statement...it doesn't have to be in your nature to do something for it to happen...I'm not sayin it was intentional btw) , the same could be said for Eduardo! Taylor's was worse because he had his leg locked with more speed and because of how he went in, there was a bigger chance of an injury...he connected half way up his shin and his leg was angled downwards in a lunge ffs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

MrJoeSoap wrote: »

But for the fact Weir stopped after seeing Henry take off, who knows what could have happened there.

Its not always the "old, slow defenders" launching into tackles against the speedy youngsters.

i had completely forgotten about that, that was one of the most disgraceful tackles i have seen and one of the most disgraceful decisions from a referee, a yellow ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

kryogen wrote: »
    i had completely forgotten about that, that was one of the most disgraceful tackles i have seen and one of the most disgraceful decisions from a referee, a yellow ffs

Not as bad as Keanes tackle, now that was a disgrace imo.

Was just browsing youtube (6:21 in the morning, what else would I be doing up so early?) and came across this video:

Now, as much stick as Totti gets from a lot of people, look at him in the clip of his injury! His ankle is twisted the wrong way, and he just looks dissapointed that he has to be substituted! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

it wasnt as bad because the players stopped and Henry missed. the intent was just as bad, and the ref's decision was a bit better dont you think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

SantryRed wrote: »

FFS what a load of ****e, suprised they hadnt a picture of him with a knife at the breakfast table and super-imposed eduardos leg or something onto his plate!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

Was just browsing youtube (6:21 in the morning, what else would I be doing up so early?) and came across this video:
    i had forgot that alan shearer "reflex" kick to the face of the leicester city player (was it Neil lennon?) how he got away with that........oh wait its alan shearer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

That's the thing though, is a tackle only a disgrace if the tackler makes contact? Surely intent is intent regardless of whether you make contact or not?

That picture of Taylor in The Sun, now that's a disgrace!

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Disgrace appalling shocking scandalous ridiculous etc blah blah blah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,426 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

gucci wrote: »
    i had forgot that alan shearer "reflex" kick to the face of the leicester city player (was it Neil lennon?) how he got away with that........oh wait its alan shearer

He threatened to quit the national side if the FA charged him over it. What a hero.

Advertisement