Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cd Player installation

Options
  • 19-02-2008 12:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭

hey guys, have a jvc cd player i want installed, can anyone recommend anywhere that is reasonable to get it fitted, went to one place and they wanted €65... is that average? Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 mmad

most have universal scarts which just clip in. it is actually very easy to do yourself!!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭VODKA-MAN

65euro is a joke!
    not a very difficult job to do at all!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

a bit expensive but you never told us what car is it going into.
    The fittings might require a facia plate and/or wiring loom adaptor.
    If yes i think the price is very reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,806 ✭✭✭✭L1011

mmad wrote: »
    most have universal scarts which just clip in. it is actually very easy to do yourself!!

?

SCART is a TV connector...

Its a fairly easy job but can be confusing the first time. You may or may not need to partially rewire the ISO blocks (if its a VW or GM car, for instance) and you also may or may not need an ISO->DIN aerial convertor, or vice versa, for the radio. You may also need a fascia if the existing radio wasn't the precise DIN socket size.

These add up.... to a few quid. Add a set of release keys for the old radio and all you need beyond that is a screwdriver to bend the old "cage" out and pop the tabs on the new one. Its entirely do-able yourself. Halfrauds even sell all the appropriate bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

hi guys, thanks for the replys, when i was told $65 that was just for installation, i also needed a facia and a loom, they wanted €50 for both, I ordered them on ebay for €25. Rang a compnay now in Stillorgan and they quoted from €30 to €50. I know its meant to be easy, but by the time I read all the manuals and do the work and hope the wiring is right, its probably not worth my while if im only payin gin the region of €40 for piece of mind... thought?

• Advertisement
Advertisement