Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone having problems with NTL/UPC right now?

Options
  • 14-02-2008 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭

Hi

Did any other NTL/UPC customer had issues with the broadband gone at about 4pm today for 20 min? mine went and the IP assigned to my PC by the modem was 192.168.100.10, also had the same problem on Tuesday about 11am but only 5 min or less.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Aye, there were a couple of brief breaks in IP connectivity here in Dublin 1 throughout the afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Mistmyr

Im in Tallaght Dub 24 here and the NTL connection is still down.

Anyone else having trouble still ?

Spent like 45 min on hold to tech support and when i did get through it
    was just to a CS person who couldnt tell me anything except that the broadband
    support lines had been extremely busy since Lunchtime...

Posting this from a fiend and i hope its sorted out soon :)

Misty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

went down here in D15 around 4 pm for 20 mins or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Irishdudedave

Ya, went out here in cork for about tweny minutes also.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Mistmyr wrote: »
    Im in Tallaght Dub 24 here and the NTL connection is still down.

Anyone else having trouble still ?

Spent like 45 min on hold to tech support and when i did get through it
    was just to a CS person who couldnt tell me anything except that the broadband
    support lines had been extremely busy since Lunchtime...

Posting this from a fiend and i hope its sorted out soon :)

Misty

Hi

I'm also in Dublin 24 (Old bawn area) and working ok, maybe unplug the modem for a couple of minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Mistmyr

Its back :)

Did the old power recycle trick :)

Thx for the info nava

Misty

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Yeah I had the same thing happen to me here in Waterford. Sounds like it was nationwide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

yep i had it i limerick too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I've been having it on and off for the last two weeks. D.15. I think they are resetting connections if they are idle. I usually leave mine connected as Its so hard to get a connection at peak. I have to reset the modem, the router and sometimes restart the laptop when it happens. A real pain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭mang87

Literally 20 minutes ago my connection went down, and when it came back up I couldn't access sites like google, youtube, unreal.ie, and World of Warcraft won't connect. I can access here and another forum I post at but that seems to be it...

Anyone with ntl experiencing the same thing?

Also boards.ie is not loading properly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

Same problem, figured it was DNS so put in opendns as my DNS, still no joy. tracerting anywhere is showing timed out requests after the first hop

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

same with me but I'm back now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

I'm not with NTL but am in Rathfarnham too and my connection shìt itself earlier :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

yup iv had problems too 2n.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭mang87

Internet is back to normal now, but not working to full capacity. Only getting half my usual speed. Maybe this fable about NTL upgrading may be true?

BostonB wrote: »
    I've been having it on and off for the last two weeks. D.15. I think they are resetting connections if they are idle. I usually leave mine connected as Its so hard to get a connection at peak. I have to reset the modem, the router and sometimes restart the laptop when it happens. A real pain.

Hi

I don't think is because of that, in my case I work from home so my connection is active, I think they must be having some other problems.

Today at 4:20 pm same problem again, gone for about 10 min.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭stanley1

yep, went about 4.20, just in the middle of buying sky hd box on ebay, bummer !

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

merged two threads as they are the same subject

nava wrote: »
    Hi

I don't think is because of that, in my case I work from home so my connection is active, I think they must be having some other problems.

Today at 4:20 pm same problem again, gone for about 10 min.

Mine also drops randomly when I'm using it. So maybe its not that either.

Yeah mine dropped last night at about 12 or 1 last night. I did have Ventillo functioning Ok though which was strange as none of my other web apps would work.

• Advertisement

wondering what would be a good app to track the disconnects?

Well I assume you can see it in the Modem on the log, but I am not certain how to decifer the log.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭BravoGolf

It's being a right pain today and last night. The connection drops intermittently and the television signal loses itself every now and again :(

BravoGolf wrote: »
    It's being a right pain today and last night. The connection drops intermittently and the television signal loses itself every now and again :(

That sucks, I only got home about 50 mins ago, but everything looks good to me atm, I am getting full speed ( about 680 KB) down from rapidshare.

Well I assume you can see it in the Modem on the log, but I am not certain how to decifer the log.

So when I'm looking at the upstream/downstream signal strengths I can grab a log file too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Started ****ting itself again about a half hour ago.

BostonB wrote: »
    So when I'm looking at the upstream/downstream signal strengths I can grab a log file too?

Well there is a log you can look at, I'm not too sure if you can actually download it to your PC.

Yeah looks like it went a while ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Automan

Seriously bad at the moment.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/236804711.png

Automan wrote: »

Hi

Mine is ok, on the 3mb in Dub 24

236810348.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Automan

Automan wrote: »

Sorry I should have said Im in Dublin 15.

Advertisement