Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 or Vodafone

Options
  • 19-02-2008 6:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm thinking about getting wireless broadband for my flat. I'm just wondering if anyone from the Twin Towns uses either of these providers and if you do what they're like in terms of speed and coverage.

Their maps look like we're well cover but just looking for peoples experiences good or bad.

Was thinking about getting a land line installed and going for something like Eircom or UTV etc but think it would end up costing too much (installation fee, line rental etc.). And I'm renting now so who knows how long I'll be living in my current place.

Regards,

WM.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

I know a guy living in Ballybofey and he uses...

/whisper

He never had a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,014 ✭✭✭✭muffler

And I know someone who uses o2 but they are not that happy with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Decadent

My opinion - Don't go for either. There download restrictions are too low. You can have problems on certain peer to peer sites and the speed at which you can download fluctuates massively.

I am a NWE customer. Not expensive, wireless (bar ariel on your roof) and very reliable. Use it for online gaming, file sharing etc. No download limits either.

The mods can delete if its a problem mentioning the company.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

Decadent wrote: »
    I am a NWE customer. Not expensive, wireless (bar ariel on your roof) and very reliable. Use it for online gaming, file sharing etc. No download limits either.

Both my father and my sister applied to get connected with NWE back last September and no sign of either of them being connected yet. My father's getting seriously pissed off with NWE for always saying "next week" and will probably cancel soon as he's going to Vodaphone in Letterkenny this week sometime.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

deman wrote: »
    Both my father and my sister applied to get connected with NWE back last September and no sign of either of them being connected yet. My father's getting seriously pissed off with NWE for always saying "next week" and will probably cancel soon as he's going to Vodaphone in Letterkenny this week sometime.

He's gone with Vodaphone and was connected on the same day with this little USB thingy modem. But it does the job :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I notice that the net cafe in Ballybofey (Cybernet?) seem to be offering wireless broadband too. They seem to have some array up on their chimney for the purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭water-man

Thanks for the responses.

I went with 3ireland at first but found it not so good. I would get a signal one day and then none the next so I've cancelled that and am now using O2. So far it seems better but early days yet.

WM.

Advertisement